Robin Travis Scholarship 2015 - applications now open
Thomas Miller is an insurance services business, managing some of the most important insurance mutuals in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors. These include the UK P&I Club, the UK Defence Club, the UK War Risks Club, the Through Transport Club and the International Transport Intermediaries Club. More information is available on the Thomas Miller website.
Robin Travis was a Thomas Miller director who had a love of Germany and was responsible for all our German business, initially for UK P&I Club and later for the Through Transport Club. He died suddenly and prematurely in 1991.
In 1992 Thomas Miller set up a scholarship in his memory. The 18th Robin Travis scholarship will be awarded in 2015 and will provide a three month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany, who wishes to progress their career and broaden their experience of the shipping, transport and insurance sectors. The chosen scholar will work in our head office in London and the London offices of selected lawyers, surveyors, insurance brokers and other shipping, transport and insurance businesses, gaining both practical and theoretical knowledge and experience.
A date to be agreed from September 2015 for a three month period
The Head Office of Thomas Miller, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST, and the London offices of selected lawyers, surveyors, insurance brokers and other shipping, transport and insurance businesses.
You will spend approximately 6 weeks with Thomas Miller. For the remainder of the three month period, arrangements will be made for you to visit selected businesses tailored to the interests of the individual.
A bright, enthusiastic person currently employed in Germany for a business within the shipping, transport or insurance sectors.
€ 7,000 for a three month period (the scholar will be expected to pay for their own accommodation and subsistence).
Your application should include:
• a statement as to why you consider you will benefit from the scholarship;
• a full curriculum vitae;
• two references.
Please post or e-mail your application no later than 10th May 2015 to:
Thomas Miller & Co Ltd, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST
- Most housing warranty providers don't provide “loss of rent” cover to private developers. With BLP Insurance you're… https://t.co/MbSatKM72w
- Thomas Miller Specialty wish you all a very Happy Easter https://t.co/BYpBTxVRKc
- How can ship operators mitigate the potential impact of volatile fuel prices from the 2020 sulphur cap? See our lat… https://t.co/z9nJvX3XED
- Nirvana Homes is dedicated to building homes that complement and enhance the beauty of Devon. The 5th in our case s… https://t.co/56z2YLEdnV
- Sorry, your cargo has arrived! Find out how a ship agent misreading a spreadsheet led to an error worth nearly US$… https://t.co/aTDS4Y1sxd