Thomas Miller Specialty Construction partners with leading insurer Aviva
LONDON, 6th October, 2021 – Thomas Miller Specialty Construction have agreed a three-year partnership with Aviva to provide capacity for their latent defect offering for Commercial developers operating in the Mixed Use development market in the UK.
Thomas Miller Specialty, a global insurance provider across a number of sectors including Marine P&I and Offshore Marine and Energy, announced in July this year it has established a new construction business, Thomas Miller Specialty Construction, utilising the expertise built up within existing group owned businesses.
Launching the new partnership enables Thomas Miller Specialty to continue underwriting in the Latent Defect sector of the UK Construction market. The business is available for binding quotations from 6th October 2021.
Bernt Hellman, Chief Underwriting Officer, Thomas Miller Specialty, commented: “Aviva committing to support Thomas Miller Specialty Construction is a genuinely exciting addition to our MGA. Aviva is a financially strong partner and together we are setting the foundation for a long-term offering in the Latent Defects market for Commercial developers delivering Mixed Use properties. In introducing another blue chip underwriting partner, we have an attractive underwriting platform with first class systems, framework and compliance as well as state of the art management information. This provides our underwriters with the right tools to make the right decisions and gives our underwriting partners full transparency and risk appetite alignment.”
Matthew Gordon, Chief Underwriting Officer, Aviva Specialty, commented: “Aviva has provided a lead insurance proposition for Latent Defects in the UK for over 30 years. This partnership with Thomas Miller allows us to further build on our market-leading position in Commercial Latent Defects supporting valued Property Investor/Developer clients more broadly and providing a strong solution for Mixed Use properties in response to demand from our key brokers.”
For further information, please contact:
Jonathan Atkins/ Alastair Doyle – Four Communications
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200 / ThomasMillerGroup@fourcommunications.com
Notes to editors:
Thomas Miller Specialty
Thomas Miller Specialty Construction is a trading style of Thomas Miller Specialty Underwriting Agency Limited, FCA reg no 312791
Thomas Miller Specialty Underwriting Agency Ltd (TMSUAL) is a commercial Managing General Agent (MGA) offering leading global insurance and related risk management services across a number of sectors, including marine P&I and offshore marine and energy.
All of their specialty risks are underwritten by Thomas Miller Specialty on behalf of Lloyd's of London and select company markets.
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist privately owned businesses.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Managing General Agent
- Professional services including legal and technical services, claims and captive management
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’. In 2020, we paid £30.6 billion in claims and benefits to our customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. In 2021, we announced our plan to become a Net Zero carbon emissions company by 2040, the first major insurance company in the world to do so. This plan means Net Zero carbon emissions from our investments by 2040; setting out a clear pathway to get there with a cut of 25% in the carbon intensity of our investments by 2025 and of 60% by 2030; and Net Zero carbon emissions from our own operations and supply chain by 2030. Aviva has been leading this agenda for decades: Aviva was the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006 and we are champions of renewable energy and energy storage at our offices, allowing us to achieve our 2030 carbon reduction target (70% reduction on 2010 levels) 10 years early. Find out more about our climate goals at www.aviva.com/climate-goals and our sustainability ambition at www.aviva.com/sustainability.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We are focused on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience. We also have strategic investments in Singapore, China and India.
- At 30 June 2021, total Group assets under management at Aviva Group are £522 billion and our Solvency II shareholder capital surplus is £12 billion. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.You can follow us on:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avivaplc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva