UK P&I Club's Half-Year Financial Highlights
- A solid performance from the Club at the half year.
- After six months, claims are slightly below average of the last eight years.
- The Pool remains favourable at the half year. The Club’s excellent record on the Pool has reduced the Club's Pool contributions steadily over recent years, and shielded the Club from the increasing costs of the very largest P&I Claims in the market.
- A strong 4%* investment return in the first six months.
- Underwriting performance has met the Club’s target on average over the last eight consecutive financial years. The favourable claims environment in the first half of the year has delivered a combined ratio of 95%*.
- Free reserves stand at $497 million with a further $100 million in hybrid capital –an increase of nearly $40 million since 20th February 2017.
- The Board expects to announce its Brexit plans by the end of the year with a view to being able to insure European risks in a new European subsidiary from the 2019 policy year
*Figures are excluding currency fluctuations.
- Read the thoughts of our investment experts following what proved to be a tricky final quarter of 2018. Our latest… https://t.co/EnccOkfnui
- Delighted with the response and the ideas we have had for the 150th competition. 222 entries received from around t… https://t.co/UMmBn47M4E
- Shiladitya Bose will be travelling to #India tomorrow and will be visiting clients and brokers over the next week
- Thank you to all that took part in our 150th competition. Our panel of judges were busy over Christmas and we now h… https://t.co/NkM07Q7JjM