UK P&I Club's Half-Year Financial Highlights
- A solid performance from the Club at the half year.
- After six months, claims are slightly below average of the last eight years.
- The Pool remains favourable at the half year. The Club’s excellent record on the Pool has reduced the Club's Pool contributions steadily over recent years, and shielded the Club from the increasing costs of the very largest P&I Claims in the market.
- A strong 4%* investment return in the first six months.
- Underwriting performance has met the Club’s target on average over the last eight consecutive financial years. The favourable claims environment in the first half of the year has delivered a combined ratio of 95%*.
- Free reserves stand at $497 million with a further $100 million in hybrid capital –an increase of nearly $40 million since 20th February 2017.
- The Board expects to announce its Brexit plans by the end of the year with a view to being able to insure European risks in a new European subsidiary from the 2019 policy year
*Figures are excluding currency fluctuations.
- Urban Splash lined up to build 400 homes in Cambridgeshire. Modular homes specialist says development will be one o… https://t.co/x7hB7Boe78
- New U.S sanctions against Iran affect metals sectors: https://t.co/WTRA6wYWGD
- Past winners and nominees have pioneered some fantastic initiatives for improving safety in the industry, we're loo… https://t.co/n5fhWon9Xe
- Looking forward to it! https://t.co/8WJv9thVGN