UK P&I CLUB - Robin Travis Scholarship 2010
- Date: 28/04/2010
- Source: UK P&I Club website
Applications are sought from keen enthusiastic people currently employed in Germany in a shipping, transport or insurance sector business for the Robin Travis Scholarship for 2010.
The scholarship provides a three month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany, who wishes to progress their career and broaden their knowledge of the shipping, transport or insurance sector. The chosen scholar will work in our head office in London, gaining both practical and theoretical knowledge. A bursary of EUR 5,500 is also provided to the winning candidate.
Club managers Thomas Miller established the Robin Travis Scholarship programme in 1992 in memory of Robin Travis, a former director of the firm who died suddenly and prematurely in 1991. He had a long association with the German Members of the transport clubs managed by Thomas Miller as well as local correspondents and brokers.
The scholarship provides a three month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany currently employed in the shipping, transport or insurance sector.
The scholar will spend about 6 weeks in the London office of Thomas Miller and the remainder of the time in selected businesses tailored to the individual, such as lawyers, surveyors or insurance brokers.
Applications should be submitted by 31st May 2010 at the latest. Interviews of certain candidates are likely to be held in Hamburg in July with a view to the scholar commencing in September.
Full details and application form can be found here in the News & Events / Education & Training section of our website. Alternatively, contact John McPhail at Thomas Miller London (Email firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
- Read the thoughts of our investment experts following what proved to be a tricky final quarter of 2018. Our latest… https://t.co/EnccOkfnui
- Delighted with the response and the ideas we have had for the 150th competition. 222 entries received from around t… https://t.co/UMmBn47M4E
- Shiladitya Bose will be travelling to #India tomorrow and will be visiting clients and brokers over the next week
- Thank you to all that took part in our 150th competition. Our panel of judges were busy over Christmas and we now h… https://t.co/NkM07Q7JjM