UK P&I CLUB - Robin Travis Scholarship 2010
- Date: 28/04/2010
- Source: UK P&I Club website
Applications are sought from keen enthusiastic people currently employed in Germany in a shipping, transport or insurance sector business for the Robin Travis Scholarship for 2010.
The scholarship provides a three month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany, who wishes to progress their career and broaden their knowledge of the shipping, transport or insurance sector. The chosen scholar will work in our head office in London, gaining both practical and theoretical knowledge. A bursary of EUR 5,500 is also provided to the winning candidate.
Club managers Thomas Miller established the Robin Travis Scholarship programme in 1992 in memory of Robin Travis, a former director of the firm who died suddenly and prematurely in 1991. He had a long association with the German Members of the transport clubs managed by Thomas Miller as well as local correspondents and brokers.
The scholarship provides a three month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany currently employed in the shipping, transport or insurance sector.
The scholar will spend about 6 weeks in the London office of Thomas Miller and the remainder of the time in selected businesses tailored to the individual, such as lawyers, surveyors or insurance brokers.
Applications should be submitted by 31st May 2010 at the latest. Interviews of certain candidates are likely to be held in Hamburg in July with a view to the scholar commencing in September.
Full details and application form can be found here in the News & Events / Education & Training section of our website. Alternatively, contact John McPhail at Thomas Miller London (Email email@example.com) for more details.
- TT's Julien Horn and Abdul Fahl will be speaking at the ICS ME Silver Jubilee Series Webinar this weekend with Matt… https://t.co/FIqCQWJtc9
- The latest edition of the Claims Review is now available in Simplified Chinese. You can read the translated version… https://t.co/39xQ7ESPD1
- TT Claims Executive, Manos Karanikolas will be speaking next week on "COVID-19 Consequences from an uncollected car… https://t.co/U95f7EiZW6
- @VorsterLee Stunning! Thanks for sharing.
- RT @UKPandI: ** Final Chance To Register **
- May the force majeure be with you! Due to COVID-19, ITIC is often asked what a ship manager's liability is and if c… https://t.co/Q79C6CDCeb
- The Digital Container Shipping Association (DCSA) introduces first IoT standards for smart containers >… https://t.co/0sU5QhWBEW