UK P&I Club webinar (series 4): Catastrophic machinery failures - Joining the Dots
This webinar provides expert insight and analysis on the three pillars of machinery
management - monitoring, maintenance and continuous learning.
Each year, a number of large P&I claims are directly related to machinery operations. Various
factors contribute to incidents and accidents, including improper training, quality of hardware,
poor housekeeping, and ineffective communication.
This webinar examines, through use of case studies and interactive participation, the
• the role of technical managers
• development of new technology and associated crew training
• the challenges faced by engineers onboard ship
• how mechanical failures have led to large shipping casualties
• the importance of learning lessons