UK P&I’s David Nichol joins Greece team as Regional Loss Prevention Executive
- Date: 23/01/2017
The UK P&I Club has promoted Risk Assessor David Nichol to Regional Loss Prevention Executive for the Greece region.
David is a Master Mariner who joined UK P&I in 2014, after gaining a wealth of experience both at sea and ashore. His experience spans claims management, loss prevention and risk assessments.
In his new role, David will be responsible for local loss prevention initiatives for Members, including crew seminars and training as well as being responsible for loss prevention publications for the office. He will also continue to undertake ship Risk Assessments in Greece and be available to discuss claims and ship operational issues.
Stuart Edmonston, Director of Loss Prevention and Ship Inspections at the Club, said:
“David has been an integral part of UK P&I Club’s loss prevention team. His background and experience in Greece makes him the perfect fit for our team based in Piraeus. We look forward to welcoming him into his new role”.
David Nichol, Regional Loss Prevention Executive says: “I am very pleased to be joining the Greece team and taking on this new role within the Club. UK P&I’s loss prevention programme is the most extensive in the industry and I look forward to contributing to the excellent work done by the team in the Greece.”
Daniel Evans, Regional Director and Club Manager comments:
“This appointment is very exciting for the office here in Greece. It greatly adds to the depth of services available to the local community both in terms of the experience available, but will also provide Members with an additional practical resource for operational P&I matters. We are very pleased to welcome David to the team here in Greece and I look forward to introducing him to our Members.”
For further details, please contact:
Neil Boom / Carolyn Monchouguy/ Ed Hooper
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200
Notes to Editors
The UK P&I Club is a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community. Established in 1865 the UK P&I Club insures over 235 million tonnes of owned and chartered shipping through its international offices and claims network. ‘A (Stable)’ rated by Standard & Poor’s with free reserves and hybrid capital of $571m the UK P&I Club is renowned for its specialist skills and expertise which ensure ‘best in class’ underwriting, claims handling and loss prevention services.
The UK P&I Club is managed by Thomas Miller, an independent and international insurance, professional and investment services provider.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self-employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services including legal services, claims and captive management
- Managing General Agency
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG
- There's still a week left to grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, by simply playing BLP Bricks, our take… https://t.co/aZLKMu5ddo
- QLU Spring 2018: Court of Appeal confirms that package limitation under the Hague Rules does not apply to bulk carg… https://t.co/66fMS1pOPM
- Next week sees the final event in the current series of BLP thought leadership lunches where guest speaker Paul Nas… https://t.co/QKyQgTp0ZC