TT CLUB - Western Australia government to invest in Oakajee port development project
- Date: 15/05/2010
- Source: TT Club website
Murchison Metals CEO Mr Paul Kopejtka said, “The unswerving government support for Oakajee underlines the importance attached to this project by his Government and the enormous benefits that will flow to all stakeholders from unlocking the region’s vast mineral riches. We look forward to continuing to work closely with the WA Government to deliver this important project.”
Mitsubishi Development and Murchison Metals each have a 50% stake in Oakajee Port & Rail (OPR) which is the developer of the mid-west rail infrastructure and port project to serve the fast-growing iron-sector of the region. The two companies also own 50% each of Crosslands Resources, which in turn owns the Jack Hills iron ore project in the mid-west of Western Australia. Stage 1 of the Jack Hills project annually produces up to 1.8 million tonnes high grade iron ore.
Intelligence reporting by Global Intelligence Alliance.
- This week's View from the Front is now available to download from our website. Daniel Smith, Investment Analyst, e… https://t.co/iz4B9QZUGB
- Kim Vernau highlights the key points from an interactive discussion for industry peers where guest speaker Paul Nas… https://t.co/KQV4UiQRxr
- The UK housing market is broken at every level with everyone from first timer buyers, second-steppers to downsizers… https://t.co/5E01NFo6Sc
- Safety starts with people. It’s the people that stop accidents from happening.From People to port and everything in… https://t.co/dUSDj8n0e1
- The US Coast Guard has provided a recap concerning compliance date extensions and type approval of ballast water ma… https://t.co/rxW3WZp9Cm