TT Club Supports Seahorse Club Journalist Award
- Date: 20/01/2016
International freight insurance provider, TT Club has been enthusiastically supporting the Seahorse Club journalist awards for some years. The Awards are specifically for journalists active in the shipping, freight transport and logistics arena. At the 2015 Awards Presentation the Club again sponsored what it considers to be a significant award category, ‘The Newcomer of the Year’, which was won by Joe Lo from the magazine Container Management.
Risk Management Director, Peregrine Storrs-Fox explained the Club’s thinking behind its support for the award, “A primary aim of TT Club is to advise its Members and the industry as a whole about safety and risk mitigation issues. As such, effective communication through the media is an important priority.”
Editors were to nominate a journalist who had been working for the media channel for no more than two years and who had shown outstanding potential in his or her understanding of the salient issues facing the modern freight transport industry. Furthermore, editors were urged to identify candidates producing consistently high quality content, which provides both an attractive read and a balanced view on the subject at hand.
The 2015 winner Joe Lo was understandably pleased to receive the recognition, "I'm delighted to have won this award, particularly given the ultra-tough competition from my colleagues at Container Management and the other talented journalists who have recently started writing about this fascinating industry.”
Both TT Club and Seahorse encourage editors to nominate members of their staff to enter the 2016 Awards for this Newcomer category. Voted for by their journalist peers and judged by an experienced group of industry professionals, it is a unique accolade for young aspiring freight journalists.
As Storrs-Fox comments, “We are keen that young, enthusiastic and well trained journalists are encouraged to thrive in the sector. I’m delighted to say that the standard of entrants for the Newcomer category were outstanding in their level of professionalism and balanced reportage.”
Notes to Editors
The TT Club is the international transport and logistics industry's leading provider of insurance and related risk management services. As a mutual insurer, the TT Club exists to provide its policyholders with benefits, which include specialist underwriting expertise, a world-wide office network providing claims management services, and first class risk management and loss prevention advice.
Customers include some of the world’s largest shipping lines, busiest ports, biggest freight forwarders and cargo handling terminals, to companies operating on a smaller scale but whose operations face similar risks. TT Club specialises in the insurance of Intermodal Operators, NVOCs, Freight Forwarders, Logistics Operators, Marine Terminals, Stevedores, Port Authorities and Ship Operators.
The TT Club is managed by Thomas Miller.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services. Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self-employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Building defects insurance
Joe Lo, 2015 Winner of the Seahorse Newcomer of the Year award receives his trophy and certificate from Andrew Huxley, Development Director - Europe, Middle East and Africa
Tel: +44 (0)1737 248300
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG
- There's still a week left to grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, by simply playing BLP Bricks, our take… https://t.co/aZLKMu5ddo
- QLU Spring 2018: Court of Appeal confirms that package limitation under the Hague Rules does not apply to bulk carg… https://t.co/66fMS1pOPM
- Next week sees the final event in the current series of BLP thought leadership lunches where guest speaker Paul Nas… https://t.co/QKyQgTp0ZC