UK DC Soundings: US sanctions against Venezuela and PdVSA
- Date: 01/02/2019
On 28th January, 2019, the US issued sanctions against Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PdVSA). Under Executive Order (EO) 13857 the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) included PdVSA as part of the “Government of Venezuela”. Therefore, it was designated as a Specially Designated National (SDN) and transactions involving PdVSA may be subject to US sanctions. Members are recommended to exercise caution when trading with PdVSA.
Learn more about this and other cases by visiting the 'Insights' section of the UK Defence Club website.
- Following the decision in 2016 of the United Kingdom to leave the EU (“Brexit”), the UK P&I Club has established a… https://t.co/LYj9DoDHdG
- Construction contract awards were down 18.7% last month compared to August 2018. The value of all construction cont… https://t.co/nJCoHQTenZ
- Many thanks again to all our guests who attended our seminar on trading in uncertain times at the Marina Mandarin h… https://t.co/wvUNlZPq5J
- The number of Right to Buy sales have fallen to its lowest level in six years, the latest figures show.… https://t.co/jpl4V9wYIE
- LESSONS LEARNT TRAILER - Today we explore how over taking a fellow vessel can lead to a collision. The manoeuvre ca… https://t.co/IFljh6ZLdK