UK DC Soundings: US sanctions against Venezuela and PdVSA
- Date: 01/02/2019
On 28th January, 2019, the US issued sanctions against Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PdVSA). Under Executive Order (EO) 13857 the US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) included PdVSA as part of the “Government of Venezuela”. Therefore, it was designated as a Specially Designated National (SDN) and transactions involving PdVSA may be subject to US sanctions. Members are recommended to exercise caution when trading with PdVSA.
Learn more about this and other cases by visiting the 'Insights' section of the UK Defence Club website.
- Cargo integrity is the adoption of best practice in all aspects of cargo care, through the entire intermodal supply… https://t.co/bHdNODfQWB
- ✅Risk Awareness: CARGO CLAIMS, LNG TANKERS - Use our colour -coded checklist as an aid to risk identification and l… https://t.co/x1CFRzAyny
- ✅What a success! We would like to thank the near 400 attendees of our first Webinar: Fuel Quality - Practical & Leg… https://t.co/KIvzOqOgr1
- A message for our Members from Ulrich Kranich and Charles Fenton (Chairman and CEO, TT Club). We are still here, wo… https://t.co/ZfPFfuDSWJ
- The International Group of P&I Clubs launch the COVID-19 Information Dashboard - Provided by Geollect >… https://t.co/mSgsRlWJxD