TT Club Cricket Tournament in Dubai
- Date: 17/10/2017
While the cricket season drew sadly to a close in the UK, TT Club in Dubai kept fans and players engaged in the sport they love by hosting the TT Club Indoor Cricket Tournament at the end of September.
Sixteen teams from Member companies of the freight insurance mutual, TT Club competed at the state-of-the-art Insportz cricket arena in a hard fought and enthusiastically supported contest that was co-organised by the Club’s partner TTMS (Gulf).
Al Futtaim Logistics ran out winners of the Cup, beating Globelink Weststar in a close final with the Shield match resulting in UAE terminals operator, Gulftainer overcoming a team from the Kanoo Group.
ITIC, TT’s sister mutual that provides professional indemnity cover for the transport sector, sponsored the Shield’s best bowler and batsman trophies that went to players from Kanoo and Gulftainer respectively, while Thomas Miller Speciality ‘underwrote’ the equivalent awards for players in the competition as a whole; DP World and Globelink Weststar cricketers winning these accolades.
Julien Horn, Director of TTMS (Gulf) and the brains behind the event felt the day was enjoyed by one and all, “The stats say it all – thirty matches, 860 bottles of water plus 120 cans of soft drinks – it gets warm in Dubai even indoors, and 175 packed lunches and breakfast buns. Being cricket of course 450 cups of tea were also consumed and, happily only one visit to A&E was necessary.”
Rounding off the day, raffle prizes were presented by UK P&I Club, along with contributions from local surveyors and lawyers; meaning that this was a truly Thomas Miller ‘family’ day out.
- Following the decision in 2016 of the United Kingdom to leave the EU (“Brexit”), the UK P&I Club has established a… https://t.co/LYj9DoDHdG
- Construction contract awards were down 18.7% last month compared to August 2018. The value of all construction cont… https://t.co/nJCoHQTenZ
- Many thanks again to all our guests who attended our seminar on trading in uncertain times at the Marina Mandarin h… https://t.co/wvUNlZPq5J
- The number of Right to Buy sales have fallen to its lowest level in six years, the latest figures show.… https://t.co/jpl4V9wYIE
- LESSONS LEARNT TRAILER - Today we explore how over taking a fellow vessel can lead to a collision. The manoeuvre ca… https://t.co/IFljh6ZLdK