Thomas Miller US charity golf day raises over $115,000
- Date: 01/11/2016
Over $115,000 was raised for charity when Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. held its annual Charity Golf Day at Forsgate Country Club in New Jersey on 4 October.
A total of 88 golfers did their best to replicate the form shown by the US Ryder Cup team the previous weekend, with the tournament won by Chaffe McCall from New Orleans, who will return to defend their trophy at next year’s event.
U.K. P&I Club members, TT Club members and brokers, together with attorneys and industry experts, participated in the day in aid of Play for Pink, which supports the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Club members OEC, Seaboard Marine, RCCL, Disney, OSG, Bouchard Transportation, Harley Marine, Dunlap Towing, Phoenix Bulk and York Overseas all participated, along with an enthusiastic contingent of Brokers, Attorneys and industry experts from all over the US and from as far away as Venezuela and Panama.
The local New Jersey Devils Ice Hockey team were also represented and generously donated signed jerseys and hockey sticks for the raffle. Amongst raffle prize winners was Dan Tadros of Chaffe McCall, who won a 75" smart TV, sponsored by attorneys Lyons and Flood in New York and Gallagher Sharp in Detroit.
Hugo Wynn Williams, Chairman of Thomas Miller, attended the event and gave away the prizes at the dinner afterwards.
Mike Jarrett, President of Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. commented: "Thomas Miller is determined to make its mark in all the communities in which it has offices around the world. We are delighted to see the maritime community come together to support our initiative to raise funds for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation."
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG
- There's still a week left to grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, by simply playing BLP Bricks, our take… https://t.co/aZLKMu5ddo
- QLU Spring 2018: Court of Appeal confirms that package limitation under the Hague Rules does not apply to bulk carg… https://t.co/66fMS1pOPM
- Next week sees the final event in the current series of BLP thought leadership lunches where guest speaker Paul Nas… https://t.co/QKyQgTp0ZC