BLP sponsors the RIBA London Building of the Year Award
- Date: 26/05/2013
RIBA Awards form arguably the most rigorously judged architectural awards programme in the world, with every one of the 400 plus entries being visited. The RIBA Awards are given for buildings that have high architectural standards and make a substantial contribution to the local environment. The awards are annual and have been running continuously since 1966.
RIBA Awards for London 2012
The RIBA Awards for London are given to buildings in the capital that are of a high standard and demonstrate excellence. In terms of entries, it is the largest regional awards process and represents a vast range of projects from across the city in a variety of sectors. They are the first stage in the RIBA Awards process that culminates in the prestigious Stirling Prize which in 2012 was won by Stanton Williams’ Sainsbury Laboratory.
In 2012, the RIBA Awards for London received 158 entries. From this 56 buildings in the capital from a wide range of sectors- including housing, offices, cultural, industrial and public space- were shortlisted. 28 buildings received RIBA Regional Awards. Of these 14 buildings went on to receive RIBA National Awards. Our most prestigious award, the RIBA London Building of the year award, supported by BLP Insurance, went to New Court by OMA.
- This week's View from the Front is now available to download from our website. Daniel Smith, Investment Analyst, e… https://t.co/iz4B9QZUGB
- Kim Vernau highlights the key points from an interactive discussion for industry peers where guest speaker Paul Nas… https://t.co/KQV4UiQRxr
- The UK housing market is broken at every level with everyone from first timer buyers, second-steppers to downsizers… https://t.co/5E01NFo6Sc
- Safety starts with people. It’s the people that stop accidents from happening.From People to port and everything in… https://t.co/dUSDj8n0e1
- The US Coast Guard has provided a recap concerning compliance date extensions and type approval of ballast water ma… https://t.co/rxW3WZp9Cm