16th Annual Insight Course
- Date: 11/10/2013
Twenty-four delegates from across the membership of UK P&I Club, UK Defence, ITIC, TT, and UK and Hellenic War Risk Clubs participated in the 16th Annual Thomas Miller Insight into Transport Law and Insurance course last week.
It was a busy week for delegates combining an intensive course programme each day with social events in the evening. The course was held in the London offices of Thomas Miller and provided useful networking opportunities as well as time for Members to meet respective contacts at the Club.
Members attending spent their first day reviewing the key areas of cover from all 6 clubs followed by a case study based on a fictional casualty which identified how the insurance responds as well as the variety of losses and liabilities involved. The course was split into groups to accommodate the TT and P&I perspectives. Two guest speakers also provided an insight into the economic outlook and future trends in shipping
Practical and current issues
Risk assessment and loss prevention opened the final day including ship inspection programmes, large loss analysis and enhancing industry awareness of risk. Topical issues in the maritime industry discussed in the following session included the economic outlook, shipping markets, piracy and sanctions.
The course concluded with an overview of dispute resolution procedures in the maritime industry, including court and arbitration procedures, ship arrest and alternative dispute resolution followed by a mediation case study.
Social events for relaxation and networking ranged from a tour of London on a vintage Routemaster, a visit to the only operating distillery in London and afternoon tea at the Goring Hotel.
The course is highly rated by delegates each year and spaces are limited, keep an eye out for the 2014 course brochure to reserve your place.
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG