16th Annual Insight Course
- Date: 11/10/2013
Twenty-four delegates from across the membership of UK P&I Club, UK Defence, ITIC, TT, and UK and Hellenic War Risk Clubs participated in the 16th Annual Thomas Miller Insight into Transport Law and Insurance course last week.
It was a busy week for delegates combining an intensive course programme each day with social events in the evening. The course was held in the London offices of Thomas Miller and provided useful networking opportunities as well as time for Members to meet respective contacts at the Club.
Members attending spent their first day reviewing the key areas of cover from all 6 clubs followed by a case study based on a fictional casualty which identified how the insurance responds as well as the variety of losses and liabilities involved. The course was split into groups to accommodate the TT and P&I perspectives. Two guest speakers also provided an insight into the economic outlook and future trends in shipping
Practical and current issues
Risk assessment and loss prevention opened the final day including ship inspection programmes, large loss analysis and enhancing industry awareness of risk. Topical issues in the maritime industry discussed in the following session included the economic outlook, shipping markets, piracy and sanctions.
The course concluded with an overview of dispute resolution procedures in the maritime industry, including court and arbitration procedures, ship arrest and alternative dispute resolution followed by a mediation case study.
Social events for relaxation and networking ranged from a tour of London on a vintage Routemaster, a visit to the only operating distillery in London and afternoon tea at the Goring Hotel.
The course is highly rated by delegates each year and spaces are limited, keep an eye out for the 2014 course brochure to reserve your place.
- "As far as we are concerned BLP Insurance 'ticks all the boxes' in delivering customer satisfaction". The 4th in ou… https://t.co/9zL8Zq4m0S
- Nearly a quarter of people consider a lack of quality of build to be a major disadvantage of buying a new build hom… https://t.co/LUsMNQxblY
- Grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, simply by playing BLP Bricks, our take on the classic 80's Tetris. T… https://t.co/XBpZ3fdw64
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/gKP7Fd4NSH
- Urban regeneration offers an important opportunity to help address the UK's housing crisis. BLP's Kim Vernau highli… https://t.co/iQjqAGAjce
- Did you read our latest press release? Ship agent liable for negligence leading to excessive dunnage disposal charg… https://t.co/QrVK9x7imj
- Why do Seagulls fly over the sea? ....because if they flew over the bay they'd be bagels. #NationalTellAJokeDay
- Why did the shore blush? ...because the seaweed #nationaltellajokeday