The UK Defence Club – a global force
The leading provider of FD&D (legal costs) insurance to the maritime industry.
Visit the UK Defence website at www.ukdefence.com
The largest defence club in the world
The UK Defence Club provides cover to ship owners and operators for legal and other costs incurred in relation to disputes that are uninsured. The largest defence club in the world with over 4,200 entered ships, the Club has an illustrious heritage, having been involved in many of the leading cases affecting the maritime industry over the last 125 years.
Covering a broad range of disputes
The UK Defence Club can assist Members in a wide variety of disputes including hire and re-delivery disputes, newbuilding disputes with shipyards, sale and purchase disputes, bunker contamination claims, disputes over the safety of ports or berths, slot charter disputes, oil major and other ship vetting disputes and disputes with agents, brokers or indeed other underwriters.
- Focus solely on legal expenses insurance for the maritime industry
- Assisting members in amicable dispute resolution
- Expert control of legal costs and supplier management
- Wide-ranging general advice and assistance including in drafting charterparty clauses
- Legally qualified staff in a variety of jurisdictions
Managers have significant experience in a number of jurisdictions and are always available to assist and advise.