News / media
The UK P&I Club has launched 'Investing in a Safer Tomorrow' competition to coincide with its 150th anniversary in 2019.
A comprehensive report into the global container transport industry authored by TT Club and McKinsey.
TT Club, the leading international transport and logistics insurance provider, today announces its financial results for the year ended 31 December 2017, and A.M. Best affirms its A- (Excellent) rating.
2017 was a good year for the Club. The underwriting surplus of $29 million was the largest in recent years. This, when coupled with a strong investment return of over $43 million, delivered a total surplus of $72 million. After adjusting for forward currency contracts, the Free Reserves at 20 February 2018 increased by $82 million to $540 million.
Speaking at the 6th Med Ports Conference in Livorno (Italy) last month, TT Club’s Andrew Huxley highlighted that cyber activity is a daily operational risk which needs to be addressed urgently.
On Wednesday 21st March representatives from across the Thomas Miller Businesses (incl. UK P&I Club, TT Club, ITIC, Thomas Miller Specialty and UK War Risks & Hellenic War Risks Club) hosted a workshop in Athens on Understanding the Maritime Cyber Threat.
The Thomas Miller Group, including all owned and managed businesses will comply with GDPR with effect from the 25th May 2018.
The Club emerges from the renewal to start the new policy year with total mutual owned tonnage of 139 million gt, slightly higher than at the start of the previous policy year. Combined mutual-owned and chartered tonnage now stands at around 239 million gross tonnes.
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr