PAMIA provides professional indemnity insurance to over 95% of UK and Irish patent and trade mark attorneys in private practice.
Protecting patent and trade mark attorneys
Thomas Miller manages PAMIA, the leading provider of specialist professional indemnity insurance for UK and Irish patent and trade mark attorneys in private practice. PAMIA now protects over 300 firms on the British and Irish Registers, practising in the EU, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Hong Kong and Singapore – that’s over 95% of all eligible attorneys.
Keeping professional indemnity costs down
PAMIA was originally formed in 1990 as a bold response to the rapidly escalating cost of professional indemnity insurance for trade mark and patent attorneys. Owned and controlled by its members, for its members, PAMIA is today recognised as providing market leading cover for professional negligence claims up to £5,000,000.
- PAMIA’s cover has been developed specifically for the protection of patent and trade mark attorneys and is regularly updated to ensure it meets the current threats to practitioners
- In-house experts are available to provide loss prevention and mitigation advice to members
- PAMIA provides an excellent claims handling service with a team of experienced in-house lawyers who have unrivalled expertise in defending claims against patent and trade mark attorneys
- Transparent premium policy ensures fair pricing for all
- PAMIA's services are supervised by a Board of Directors drawn exclusively from the membership who ensure that meeting members’ needs is paramount