ITIC is the world's leading professional indemnity insurer of service providers in the transport and offshore industries.
Professional indemnity insurance for the transport industry
Thomas Miller manages ITIC – International Transport Intermediaries Club – which has 90 years’ experience in providing professional indemnity insurance to companies in the marine, naval architecture, aviation, rail, offshore and hydrographic industries. With 3,100 members in 120 countries and a worldwide network of support offices, ITIC is an acknowledged leader in its field.
Specialist and knowledgeable cover
Run by its members, for its members, ITIC is the only insurer which focuses exclusively on transport professionals. Therefore ITIC understands the needs of the assureds better and is continually developing the cover and services it provides to meet their needs. The insurance has been developed to cover claims of negligence, errors and omissions. Cover can also extend to specialist areas like directors' and officers' insurance, debt collection, commission income, loss of management fees, cash in transit and cargo liability insurance.
- Comprehensive insurance specifically tailored to the needs of businesses in the transport, design and offshore industries
- On-the-spot assistance in solving problems and claims, through a worldwide network of correspondents
- Expert advice on loss prevention and risk management, helping members to avoid costly issues and improve efficiency
- Debt recovery worldwide, including those areas of the world where it is often difficult to operate
- A payment of a dividend (from any ITIC surpluses) to members, reducing the annual cost of the insurance.