UK War Risks Club – 100 years of specialist cover
The largest British war risks club, insuring a UK and international membership.
Visit the UK War Risks website at www.ukwarrisks.com
Exclusively focused on war risks
The UK War Risks Club is an independent, mutual war risks association with over 100 years’ experience in serving UK and international shipping. We concentrate exclusively on war risks insurance and as a result our members benefit from unwavering focus, expert knowledge and a deep understanding of the complexities that accompany this specialist area of marine insurance.
Quality cover against growing piracy risks
Our war risk insurance covers damage and loss caused by the deliberate acts of third parties against a ship. This includes cover for losses caused by war, civil war, revolution and rebellion, or capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detention. Also covered are claims arising from terrorists, people acting maliciously or from a political motive, piracy or violent theft by people from outside the ship. Cover also extends to mines, torpedoes, bombs or other weapons of war (even when derelict) and strikes and labour disturbances.
- War risks cover for hull and machinery, detention, protection and indemnity (P&I), sue and labour, discretionary insurance and optional additional insurance
- Experienced claims handling across the broadest possible spectrum of incidents
- Ongoing support from war risk specialists entirely focused on member needs
- We apply our economies of scale when buying reinsurance to keep annual premiums low and offer competitive rates
- Thomas Miller also manages Hellenic War Risks, giving us combined weight as an industry spokesperson on relevant issues, such as piracy
Piracy has presented a unique challenge to war risks insurers. As an independent insurer of war risks alone, we are well placed to meet this challenge.