The war risks insurer for over 80% of all Greek-owned ships.
Covering 80% of the market
Hellenic War Risks Club combines tradition with flexibility and the highest standard of service to provide members of the Greek shipping community with specialist mutual war risks insurance that is second to none. Since our foundation in 1961 we have built a strong reputation so that we now insure 80% of the Greek fleet – over 3,000 ships.
Quality cover against growing piracy risks
Our war risk insurance covers damage and loss caused by the deliberate acts of third parties against a ship. This includes cover for losses caused by war, civil war, revolution and rebellion, or capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detention. Also covered are claims arising from terrorists, people acting maliciously or from a political motive, piracy or violent theft by people from outside the ship. Cover also extends to mines, torpedoes, bombs or other weapons of war (even when derelict) and strikes and labour disturbances.
- War risks cover for hull and machinery, detention, protection and indemnity (P&I), sue and labour, discretionary insurance and optional additional insurance including war loss of hire
- Experienced claims handling across the broadest possible spectrum of incidents
- Ongoing support from war risk specialists entirely focused on member needs
- Financial security, giving additional strength to members bringing or defending claims
- Thomas Miller also manages UK War Risks, giving us combined weight as an industry spokesperson on relevant issues, such as piracy