UK P&I Club launches offshore cover
- Date: 16/10/2018
UK P&I Club launches offshore cover providing a comprehensive package to meet liabilities and losses incurred by Members
The UK P&I Club, in conjunction with Thomas Miller Specialty Offshore (TMSO), has launched a range of insurance covers for its Members operating in the Offshore arena to meet any incurred liabilities and losses.
The products cover a wide range of operations such as anchor handling, tug and supply, offshore and diving support, offshore construction, pipe and cable laying, seismic research, windfarm support, and ROV/Subsea operations.
The UK P&I Club together with TMSO have extensive experience in the Offshore market, having previously worked in both the Offshore construction and Offshore P&I industries.
Christopher Brown, Chief Underwriting Officer, UK P&I Club, says: “This new product highlights the all-round strength within the business, as we are able to draw upon the considerable experience and support of the Thomas Miller Specialty Offshore team. This in-depth industry knowledge enables us to thoroughly understand our Members’ needs and we believe this will be a welcome addition to our product set.”
For further details, please contact:
Roland Cross / Jonathan Atkins / Alastair Doyle
UKP&I@fourbroadgate.com / +44 (0) 20 3697 4200
Notes to Editors
The UK P&I Club is a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community. Established in 1869 the UK P&I Club insures over 240 million tonnes of owned and chartered shipping through its international offices and claims network. ‘A (Stable)’ rated by Standard & Poor’s with free reserves of $540m, the UK P&I Club is renowned for its specialist skills and expertise which ensure ‘best in class’ underwriting, claims handling and loss prevention services.
The UK P&I Club is managed by Thomas Miller, an independent and international insurance, professional and investment services provider.
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist businesses.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Managing general agency
- Professional services including legal services, claims and captive management
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- ITIC's Matthew Offers will be presenting to the Middle East Branch of the ICS on Saturday 6th June, alongside Julie… https://t.co/S6oh0maIAx
- @BullardSophia Thanks for sharing!
- The European Commission (EC) has published its 2019 annual report (dated 19.05.20) on CO2 Emissions from Maritime T… https://t.co/WAgYAvAYcE
- The 2nd in our series on time bars and providing supporting documents concerns a recent court decision which is lik… https://t.co/ifhVfxJJiJ
- "TT Club is concerned that there continues to be such significant reliance on paper-based processes, whether certif… https://t.co/BH3LOXVo67