UK P&I Club - Celebrating 150 years
- Date: 12/06/2019
2019 marks the 150th anniversary of the foundation of the UK P&I Club. Since 1869, the UK Club has been supporting Members in managing risk, preventing loss and enhancing safety at sea.
The Club came into being at a time of major technological change – the introduction of steam. The new steam-driven ships produced a greater risk of liability claims. Since no other insurance was available, small numbers of shipowners got together to form mutual protection associations, among them The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association, which opened an office at Cushion Court, Old Broad Street.
- On 2 October Thomas Miller Americas (TMA) held its Annual Bodily Injury Seminar for its Members at TMA’s office in… https://t.co/mZ6GG3mkea
- On 2 October 2019, Thomas Miller Americas (TMA) held its Annual Bodily Injury Seminar for its Members at TMA's offi… https://t.co/ZrTB1g2Nku
- Congratulations to all the winners at last night's Women in housing Awards #wih
- With so many professions involved in the construction of new build properties, resolving any mishaps that may occur… https://t.co/q9AI9OmJRT
- Iranian oil tanker hit in 'rocket attack' off coast of Saudi Arabia | World News | Sky News https://t.co/L01kqgZQoO