UK P&I Club appoints EMEA Regional Director
- Date: 28/02/2017
The UK P&I Club continues to strengthen its presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa Region, with the announcement that Susanne Murphy has been appointed EMEA Regional Director.
Susanne joined Thomas Miller in 1995 following a Master’s degree in Marine Law. Susanne has extensive experience in the region; she was Syndicate Manager for LS2 for a number of years and worked particularly closely with the Club’s German Members.
Susanne moved into the Senior Management team of the UK Defence Club in 2009 and is Deputy Club Manager; she will continue to perform this role fully, in addition to her Regional Director responsibilities. Responsibility for the Club’s Greek members remains with the Greek Regional Director, Daniel Evans.
Susanne’s appointment signals the Club’s continued commitment to the region and its Members. Hugo Wynn-Williams, Chief Executive Officer said, “I am extremely pleased Susanne has taken this key role. Her experience, knowledge and approach will be an invaluable asset to our European Team.”
For further details, please contact:
Carolyn Monchouguy/ Ed Hooper / Helen Cotton
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200
Notes to Editors
The UK P&I Club is a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community. Established in 1865 the UK P&I Club insures over 239 million tonnes of owned and chartered shipping through its international offices and claims network. ‘A (Stable)’ rated by Standard & Poor’s with free reserves and hybrid capital of $571m the UK P&I Club is renowned for its specialist skills and expertise which ensure ‘best in class’ underwriting, claims handling and loss prevention services.
The UK P&I Club is managed by Thomas Miller, an independent and international insurance, professional and investment services provider.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self-employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment and wealth management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Building defects insurance
- Greece-based shipping company Arista Shipping is beginning its path to smart shipping operations with a new ocean d… https://t.co/niHygYbhY2
- Last Friday colleagues from our Isle of Man office held their inaugural Race Night
- Anuj, our Senior Loss Prevention Advisor in Singapore has been doing Stand-up Comedy as part of our Movember fundra… https://t.co/hIxwyOkd12
- RT @lloydsloading: Cargo makes up 10% of claims, but 90% of exposure - a staggering stat provided by Laurent Audaz (MSC)