UK P&I Club announces a positive 2014 renewal
- Date: 25/02/2014
The UK P&I Club (“The UK Club”), one of the oldest shipping protection and indemnity mutual insurers, today announces its renewal for 2014 following the closure of the renewal season on 20 February:
- Another positive result with a net increase of a million gross tons of mutual business
- Mutual owned tonnage has increased by four per cent over the course of the 2013/14 year
- Combined mutual owned and chartered tonnage now stands at 215 million gross tons
- Estimated increase of renewal premium of 7 per cent.
For many UK Club Members, subdued earnings and a lingering shipping recession remain an unwelcome fact of life. However, UK Club premium needs to address underlying claims inflation, as well as a future pick up in claims frequency from what have been record low levels.
Hugo Wynn-Williams, Chief Executive of Thomas Miller P&I, the UK P&I Club’s managers, says:
“It has been another good and solid renewal for the UK Club marked by continued controlled growth for a third year in succession whilst preserving a disciplined approach to underwriting.
“Gross tonnage has increased and we are pleased that our financial stability, claims management and service have attracted more tonnage from existing Members and new business to the UK Club.”
The UK Club will be publishing a detailed report on its growth together with the key financial indicators in its Review of the Year in May as part of the usual package of year-end financial statements.
- End -
For further details, please contact:
Nick Whitear, Communications Director - Thomas Miller P&I Ltd
+44 (0) 20 7283 4646
- TT's Julien Horn and Abdul Fahl will be speaking at the ICS ME Silver Jubilee Series Webinar this weekend with Matt… https://t.co/FIqCQWJtc9
- The latest edition of the Claims Review is now available in Simplified Chinese. You can read the translated version… https://t.co/39xQ7ESPD1
- TT Claims Executive, Manos Karanikolas will be speaking next week on "COVID-19 Consequences from an uncollected car… https://t.co/U95f7EiZW6
- @VorsterLee Stunning! Thanks for sharing.
- RT @UKPandI: ** Final Chance To Register **
- May the force majeure be with you! Due to COVID-19, ITIC is often asked what a ship manager's liability is and if c… https://t.co/Q79C6CDCeb
- The Digital Container Shipping Association (DCSA) introduces first IoT standards for smart containers >… https://t.co/0sU5QhWBEW