UK Club's 33rd Annual Korea Mountain Climb
- Date: 29/11/2019
We are proud to have hosted our 33rd Annual Korea Mountain Climb on Saturday 16th November 2019. The selected mountain for this year, which was badged as the celebration mountain climb to mark the Club’s 150th Anniversary is called Aengbongsan (oriole peak), located just 5km from Seoul. At the border between Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul and Goyang, Gyeonggi-do Eungbongsan is famous for its beautiful forest and incredible views.
The mountain is enjoyed by both experienced and beginner hikers (including children) with its gentle slopes, breathtakingly beautiful scenery and fresh air – it all makes for a lovely trek through the forest.
We had a brilliant turnout welcoming 36 people from our Members and Brokers in the area as well as members from our Thomas Miller team including, Andrew Jones (CEO Thomas Miller Asia Pacific), DY Kim (Senior Claims Executive), Sylvia Shi (Claims Executive) and Matthew Bayman (Senior Underwriting Director) from London.
The UK Club would like to offer special thanks to The Club representatives in Korea HS Corporation and in particular HS Ku and KB Song, who not only attended the hike but also organised the necessary arrangements.
The trekkers set off from the Tapgol Eco Park towards the 235m summit peak where, after a short break, they headed down toward the entrance of Seooreung Royal Tombs completing the 4km course in about 2 hrs.
During the well-deserved Korean barbeque lunch that followed, Andrew Jones presented gifts to those in attendance.
Some Feedback from the UKMC 2019 attendees
‘Very well organised, in detail and beyond expectation’,
‘Thanks to the Club for the invite and congratulations on 150 years’,
‘Good trekking, food & drinks with friends’,
‘It was good to have a chance to talk with the Club and other colleagues in shipping’,
‘Nice to see the Club’s history in Korea from the UKMC video’,
- ** Final Chance To Register **
- A step forward in the development of electronic bills of lading. "The current pressures felt through the supply c… https://t.co/F9WiRs3y00
- The 3rd article in our series about time bars and supporting documents concerns “The MTM Hong Kong” where the Court… https://t.co/cWsd1a8U4D
- ITIC's Matthew Offers will be presenting to the Middle East Branch of the ICS on Saturday 6th June, alongside Julie… https://t.co/S6oh0maIAx
- @BullardSophia Thanks for sharing!