UK Club PEME 2014
The Pre-Employment Medical Examination (PEME) programme is the leading loss prevention initiative within the UK P&I Club. Clinics, which are approved under the programme, are held accountable to both the Club and Members for their performance.
The scheme is designed to protect shipowners from claims arising from medical conditions existing prior to employment, and to provide crew with a first rate health check before going to sea. This programme is the most extensive and inclusive system available in the industry and has become a key element in the Club’s loss prevention scheme.
The UK Club PEME Programme has Clinics in 19 Countries with 54 approved clinics.
We have conducted over 300,000 examinations and have over 18 years experience of PEME.
For more information
Shipowners and operators are invited to contact the PEME team to discuss their particular requirements and for information on how to join the scheme.
Tel: +44 20 7204 2417
- Ports "rallied together in just 24 hours to assess every possible storage and transportation solution available [..… https://t.co/4QnoX0PiZW
- Please note there will be a public holiday in Taiwan from 2-5 April 2020 and our offices will be closed and remote… https://t.co/CTbDbJdvAI
- "Freight firms [...] must still explore “all reasonable options” to fulfil their contractual obligations, advises f… https://t.co/JyAsh9yv0I
- "Less than three months after being introduced the global sulphur cap risks being another victim of the coronavirus… https://t.co/lO5btEehfQ
- The sharp increase in the use of scrubbers in the world fleet carries with it a potential for teething problems. Ev… https://t.co/cIzHivEbs0