Thomas Miller to acquire the MGA and Insurance Services operations of specialist insurance services Group, Zeller Associates
- Date: 14/09/2018
Thomas Miller, the international provider of market leading insurance services, announces the agreement to purchase the Managing General Agency and Insurance Services operations of specialist insurance services Group, Zeller Associates.
Zeller Associates is an international provider of risk related and insurance services mainly for shipping, trade and transport, but also in other specialist areas such as the cruise and tourism industry. It is made up of six distinct operational businesses covering a range of services from insurance underwriting and insurance management to claims handling, loss adjusting and expert investigations. Headquartered in Hamburg, the operations employ 37 people.
Hugo Wynn Williams, Chairman, Thomas Miller, says: “The acquisition of these businesses’ specialist expertise across a broad range of marine transport related insurance services is an excellent and complementary addition to the Thomas Miller Group.”
Dr. Harald Zeller, Zeller Associates, says: “We are delighted to be joining Thomas Miller at this exciting time in its development. We have common values and vision for the future with our businesses playing an important role in Thomas Millers future growth strategy.
Roland Cross / Jon Atkins – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200 / ThomasMillerGroup@fourbroadgate.com
Notes to editors:
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self-employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutual
- Managing General Agency
- Professional services including legal and technical services, claims and captive management
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
The Zeller Associates Group is provides risk related and insurance services mainly for shipping, trade and transport, but also in other specialist areas such as the cruise and tourism industry. Its objective is to provide a professional service on an international level but with local expertise as regards assessing, managing and covering standard and special risks.
- Urban Splash lined up to build 400 homes in Cambridgeshire. Modular homes specialist says development will be one o… https://t.co/x7hB7Boe78
- New U.S sanctions against Iran affect metals sectors: https://t.co/WTRA6wYWGD
- Past winners and nominees have pioneered some fantastic initiatives for improving safety in the industry, we're loo… https://t.co/n5fhWon9Xe
- Looking forward to it! https://t.co/8WJv9thVGN