Thomas Miller Specialty Launches General Aviation Business
- Date: 25/09/2017
Thomas Miller Specialty, a leading industry sector underwriting agency with a focus on providing Marine, Offshore, Aerospace and Cyber insurance products announces the launch of a General Aviation facility.
The new General Aviation business will be headed by Nic Vine, Underwriting Director, with Bruce Dovey, Senior Underwriter and Underwriter Simon Ingrouille. They will operate from a branch office in St. Martin, Guernsey and Thomas Miller Specialty’s head office in London.
Nic Vine commented:
“We are delighted to be joining Thomas Miller Specialty at this exciting time in the development of the underwriting agency. The combination of Thomas Miller’s heritage, support infrastructure and global network, together with strong support from leading General Aviation Lloyd’s and Company Market Security, will ensure that our clients benefit from attractive products and excellent service.”
Roger Lewis, Deputy Chairman, Thomas Miller Specialty, says:
“This is a significant and exciting step in Thomas Miller Specialty's development and we welcome Nic, Bruce and Simon. Our experienced General Aviation team is very familiar with the unique risks and requirements of the General Aviation industry and, as specialists, fully understand the key concerns and business drivers required to ensure we provide high quality general aviation insurance solutions to this sector.”
For further information, please contact:
Jonathan Atkins / Helen Cotton – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200 / ThomasMillerGroup@fourbroadgate.com
Notes to editors:
Thomas Miller Specialty
Thomas Miller Specialty is a specialist underwriting agency offering leading global insurance and related risk management services across a number of sectors, including marine, offshore, aerospace, cyber & e-crime, kidnap & ransom and General Aviation.
All of their specialty risks are managed by Thomas Miller on behalf of Lloyd's of London and select company markets.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist privately owned businesses.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Managing general agency
- Professional services including legal services, claims and captive management
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Following the decision in 2016 of the United Kingdom to leave the EU (“Brexit”), the UK P&I Club has established a… https://t.co/LYj9DoDHdG
- Construction contract awards were down 18.7% last month compared to August 2018. The value of all construction cont… https://t.co/nJCoHQTenZ
- Many thanks again to all our guests who attended our seminar on trading in uncertain times at the Marina Mandarin h… https://t.co/wvUNlZPq5J
- The number of Right to Buy sales have fallen to its lowest level in six years, the latest figures show.… https://t.co/jpl4V9wYIE
- LESSONS LEARNT TRAILER - Today we explore how over taking a fellow vessel can lead to a collision. The manoeuvre ca… https://t.co/IFljh6ZLdK