Thomas Miller appoints new Group Risks & Compliance Director
- Date: 27/06/2018
Thomas Miller, the international provider of market leading insurance services, has appointed David Smith as Group Risk & Compliance Director with effect 25 June 2018.
Reporting to the Group’s Chief Operating Officer, Ann Haugh, David will be responsible for the Thomas Miller risk and compliance framework and will co-ordinate regulatory activity across the Group.
David is a skilled risk and compliance director with over 20 years of experience working in various corporate governance and risk related roles. He joins from Just Group PLC where he was Director of Enterprise Risk. He has also worked for Partnership Assurance, KPMG and Savills.
Ann Haugh, Chief Operating Officer, Thomas Miller, says:
“Appointing David continues the Group’s investment in building a corporate structure and senior management team, capable of achieving the ambitious business objectives we have set for the company.
“David’s role reflects the importance we place on corporate governance and risk management. We welcome him to the team.”
For further information, please contact:
Roland Cross / Jonathan Atkins – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200 / ThomasMillerGroup@fourbroadgate.com
Notes to editors:
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist businesses.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Managing general agency
- Professional services including legal services, claims and captive management
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- The sharp increase in the use of scrubbers in the world fleet carries with it a potential for teething problems. Ev… https://t.co/cIzHivEbs0
- The International Group of P&I Clubs, in partnership with shipping industry associations, have launched new maritim… https://t.co/XgxU4iaV3s
- Some say that “any fool can stuff a container” but we understand the complexities and importance of correctly packe… https://t.co/P7lcpHjUzV
- During this extraordinary time of lockdowns around the world, there will be issues with receiving the original bill… https://t.co/T9pNvs1PFZ