Thomas Miller appoints Chief Operating Officer
- Date: 09/01/2018
Thomas Miller, the international provider of market leading insurance services, has appointed Ann Haugh as Chief Operating Officer, with immediate effect.
In this newly created role, reporting to Thomas Miller’s CEO, Bruce Kesterton, Ann will be primarily responsible for Thomas Miller’s organisational efficiency and the development of an operational infrastructure which supports the Group’s ambitious growth objectives in insurance services.
Ann is an experienced global senior insurance executive with over 24 years expertise in strategy, operations and general management. Previously, Ann was a member of the Group Executive Committee at Aspen Insurance Group, where she was President, International Insurance, and Global Chief Operating Officer. Prior to Aspen, she worked at Zurich Insurance where she was Group Chief of Staff and Chief Executive Officer, Global Corporate UK.
Bruce Kesterton, Chief Executive Officer, Thomas Miller, says:
“This is a significant, board level, appointment for Thomas Miller and we believe Ann’s experience will greatly enhance our operational efficiency. Her role will support our growth plans and focus on ensuring we have the right operational systems and processes to continue to provide the highest quality service for our members, brokers and clients.”
Ann Haugh says: “The opportunity to join a growing business of the stature of Thomas Miller and to play a key role in the delivery of their corporate vision is an exciting one. I am looking forward to being part of a progressive team that is focused on providing excellence within international insurance services.”
For further information, please contact:
Jonathan Atkins / Helen Cotton – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200 / ThomasMillerGroup@fourbroadgate.com
Notes to editors:
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today it manages a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals.
Increasingly, Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist insurance services.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Managing general agency
- Professional services including technical services, legal services, claims and captive management
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Most housing warranty providers don't provide “loss of rent” cover to private developers. With BLP Insurance you're… https://t.co/MbSatKM72w
- Thomas Miller Specialty wish you all a very Happy Easter https://t.co/BYpBTxVRKc
- How can ship operators mitigate the potential impact of volatile fuel prices from the 2020 sulphur cap? See our lat… https://t.co/z9nJvX3XED
- Nirvana Homes is dedicated to building homes that complement and enhance the beauty of Devon. The 5th in our case s… https://t.co/56z2YLEdnV
- Sorry, your cargo has arrived! Find out how a ship agent misreading a spreadsheet led to an error worth nearly US$… https://t.co/aTDS4Y1sxd