Robin Travis Scholarship 2013
- Date: 21/03/2013
Thomas Miller is an insurance services business, managing some of the most important insurance mutuals in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors. Those mutuals include the UK P&I Club, the UK Defence Club, the UK War Risks Club, the Through Transport Club and the International Transport Intermediaries Club.
Robin Travis was a Thomas Miller director who had a love of Germany and was responsible for all our German business. He died suddenly and prematurely in 1991.
In his memory Thomas Miller set up a scholarship, which provides a three month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany, who wishes to progress their career and broaden their knowledge of the shipping, transport or insurance sector. The chosen scholar will work in our head office in London, gaining both practical and theoretical knowledge.
At a date to be agreed from September 2013 for a three month period
The Head Office of Thomas Miller, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST, and selected London offices of lawyers, surveyors or insurance brokers.
You will spend approximately 6 weeks with Thomas Miller. For the remainder of the period, arrangements will be made for you to visit selected businesses tailored to the interests of the individual.
A keen, enthusiastic person currently employed in Germany for a business within the shipping, transport or insurance sector.
EUR 7,000 for a three month period. (The scholar will be expected to pay for his/her accommodation, as well as subsistence).
Your application should include:
- A statement as to why you consider you will benefit from the scholarship
- A full curriculum vitae
- Two references
Please post or e-mail your application by no later than 17 May 2013 to:
Thomas Miller & Co Ltd
90 Fenchurch Street
London EC3M 4ST
- Urban Splash lined up to build 400 homes in Cambridgeshire. Modular homes specialist says development will be one o… https://t.co/x7hB7Boe78
- New U.S sanctions against Iran affect metals sectors: https://t.co/WTRA6wYWGD
- Past winners and nominees have pioneered some fantastic initiatives for improving safety in the industry, we're loo… https://t.co/n5fhWon9Xe
- Looking forward to it! https://t.co/8WJv9thVGN