Robin Travis Scholar 2013 announced
- Date: 13/09/2013
Johann von Rantzau has been selected as this year's Robin Travis Scholar following interviews of final candidates in Hamburg.
From 30th September 2013 onwards, Johann will spend three months based in Thomas Miller’s London office. The Robin Travis scholarship is a flexible programme tailored to provide a breadth of knowledge and understanding and build on his current commercial experience.
Johann currently works in the Placing Department of Doehle Assekuranzkontor, a marine insurance brokerage in Hamburg. He assists with the renewal processes, deals with hull and machinery (H&M), equipment, loss of hire as well as war risk placings.
The insights into P&I that Johann has gained from his work as an assistant broker have sparked a particular interest in the subject. He told us:
“The legal environment is becoming more challenging and liabilities have reached unprecedented heights. I see P&I as becoming an increasingly relevant part of the business for ship owning companies, not least because premiums have reached the level of H&M insurance.”
“Thus, increasing my knowledge of all aspects of P&I insurance will be of indispensable help for my future, which as you can imagine will inevitably revolve around the business of international shipping."
"The Robin Travis Scholarship is an excellent opportunity to further this interest and learn more.”
Johann also pointed out that a strong network of acquaintances in the sector is the foundation of any fruitful business relations. He strongly believes the Robin Travis Scholarship presents a perfect chance to acquire and extend such a network.
We look forward to giving Johann a warm welcome at the end of September. He starts his scholarship programme with the Thomas Miller Insight into Transport Law and Insurance Course on the 1st October.
- Can't decide whether to sell or rent your new property? BLP has you covered either way as our housing warranty insu… https://t.co/czVFSjCrmh
- Last week at the 74th MEPC Summit, the IMO considered a number of matters relating to the 0.5% sulphur cap taking e… https://t.co/MnLbg4JYNI
- The Alliance for Sustainable Building Products is partnering with Circular Ecology & RICS with a seminar on embodie… https://t.co/qaayLNkQjd
- We are just putting the finishing touches to a special edition of ITIC's Wire, which focuses on air charter brokers… https://t.co/cjZRAeL9q9
- Find out more about the history of the Club, our celebrations during 2019 and our plans for a safer tomorrow https://t.co/RPUbhkc4cI
- A M Best reaffirms the Club's A- Rating https://t.co/0hFF07RLzR
- Following a national survey the HomeOwners Alliance spearheads campaign for ‘snagging retention’ so homeowners can… https://t.co/dKwpADXJ51