Press Release: UK P&I Club appoints Director of Loss Prevention and Ship Inspections
- Date: 03/07/2015
The UK P&I Club (“The UK Club”), one of the leading shipping protection and indemnity mutual insurers, has appointed Stuart Edmonston as Director of Loss Prevention, following the retirement of Karl Lumbers.
Stuart joined UK P&I Club in 2014 as Loss Prevention Deputy Director, having spent eight years at Holman Fenwick and Willan as a marine manager and casualty investigator. He is a master mariner and has spent time at sea in a wide variety of sectors including tankers, cruise ships, offshore supply and FPSO.
Karl’s retirement will see the end of a spell at the Club dating back to 1986, following a 13 year career at sea and a spell ashore as a marine consultant. Karl began working in one of the claims syndicates and moved to take over the loss prevention role and responsibility for the quality of the Club’s tonnage in 1992.
Hugo Wynn-Williams, Chairman of Thomas Miller, says: “We are delighted to have found someone of Stuart’s credentials and background to succeed Karl as our Loss Prevention Director. Karl has been a stalwart of the Club since joining in 1986 and the architect of our industry leading Loss Prevention department. We wish Karl a long, happy and well deserved retirement.”
Stuart Edmonston, Director of Loss Prevention and Ship Inspections, says: “I am excited to be taking on this role and to be given the opportunity to build on the tremendous work done by Karl.”
For further details, please contact:
Shelly Durrant/ Arran Fano/ Ed Hooper
+44 (0) 207 726 6111
Notes to editors
The UK P&I Club is a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community. Established in 1865 the UK P&I Club insures over 225 million tonnes of owned and chartered shipping through its international offices and claims network. ‘A (Stable)’ rated by Standard & Poor’s with free reserves and hybrid capital of $528m the UK P&I Club is renowned for its specialist skills and expertise which ensure ‘best in class’ underwriting, claims handling and loss prevention services.
The UK P&I Club is managed by Thomas Miller, an independent and international insurance, professional and investment services provider.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment and wealth management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Building defects insurance
- Get the 2020 TT wordings on TM Connect platform - Not signed up yet - email your usual Club contact… https://t.co/Bkezv4OmCE
- TM Connect - this bespoke online portal offers Members and their brokers significantly enhanced online services wit… https://t.co/Zxkudb8H1m
- TM Connect - this bespoke online portal offers Members and their brokers significantly enhanced online services wit… https://t.co/oDRkBRH4iI
- Malaysia’s flagship carrier MISC along with Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI), Lloyd’s Register (LR) and MAN Energy So… https://t.co/PWEv7LpxZm