Investing in a Safer Tomorrow
- Date: 19/06/2018
The UK P&I Club has launched 'Investing in a Safer Tomorrow' competition to coincide with its 150th anniversary in 2019.
The competition has a prize find of $50,000 and challenges students and those embarking on a maritime career both at sea and on shore, to develop innovative, industry changing ideas with a focus on improving safety at sea.
Teams of up to four or individuals can propose an improvement to any element of sea safety - from developments in seafarer wellbeing through to a tangible invention to improve physical safety or navigation.
Participants will have the opportunity to share their ideas on a global platform, with shortlisted candidates gaining access to maritime industry experts and a chance to expand their professional network. Finalists will be flown, all expenses paid, to the UK in June 2019 to attend the Club's 150th Gala Dinner in London and the winning team or individual will receive a prize fund of $30,000 with second place being awarded $15,000 and third place $5,000.
To find out more about the competition - or to enter please visit the dedicated microsite at https://150competition.ukpandi.com
- Following the decision in 2016 of the United Kingdom to leave the EU (“Brexit”), the UK P&I Club has established a… https://t.co/LYj9DoDHdG
- Construction contract awards were down 18.7% last month compared to August 2018. The value of all construction cont… https://t.co/nJCoHQTenZ
- Many thanks again to all our guests who attended our seminar on trading in uncertain times at the Marina Mandarin h… https://t.co/wvUNlZPq5J
- The number of Right to Buy sales have fallen to its lowest level in six years, the latest figures show.… https://t.co/jpl4V9wYIE
- LESSONS LEARNT TRAILER - Today we explore how over taking a fellow vessel can lead to a collision. The manoeuvre ca… https://t.co/IFljh6ZLdK