Chiswick House Café sees off the competition
- Date: 19/05/2011
2011 RIBA LONDON BUILDING OF THE YEAR - sponsored by BLP - announced today.
At an awards ceremony held at the V&A this morning, RIBA President elect Angela Brady announced that the RIBA London Building of the Year 2011 supported by BLP and The English Heritage Award for Sustaining the Historic Environment is the Chiswick House Café designed by Caruso St John Architects for the Chiswick House and Gardens Trust.
Introducing the award, technical director of BLP, Jeff Maxted, said: “It is a great honour for us to be sponsoring the RIBA London Building of the Year award. As the entry list has shown, London continues to be blessed with some of the most exciting, well designed and innovative buildings, not only in the UK but in Europe and the World.”
Congratulating Caruso St John after they had received their award, Jeff added: “The Chiswick House Café is a stunning building and clearly shows how a beautiful modern building can enhance a landscape and sit alongside an older building when they all complement each other so well. Our congratulations go to Caruso St John for their 21 years of outstanding work around the world.”
For further press information, please contact Joanna Lennon at TC Communications on 01344 622 280 or by e-mail at email@example.com
- Most housing warranty providers don't provide “loss of rent” cover to private developers. With BLP Insurance you're… https://t.co/MbSatKM72w
- Thomas Miller Specialty wish you all a very Happy Easter https://t.co/BYpBTxVRKc
- How can ship operators mitigate the potential impact of volatile fuel prices from the 2020 sulphur cap? See our lat… https://t.co/z9nJvX3XED
- Nirvana Homes is dedicated to building homes that complement and enhance the beauty of Devon. The 5th in our case s… https://t.co/56z2YLEdnV
- Sorry, your cargo has arrived! Find out how a ship agent misreading a spreadsheet led to an error worth nearly US$… https://t.co/aTDS4Y1sxd