BLP launches sustainability tool
- Date: 16/06/2010
- Source: BLP website
Butterfly, the new software package, will simplify and improve decision making at the design stage by incorporating for the first time in one tool the life cycle, fabric, embodied and operational energy and carbon metrics as well as a Code for Sustainable Homes calculator. It will be available on-line and will include default building models and a library of optional building elements, assemblies, energy and carbon data that users can select to model specific buildings.
Simon Main, Managing Director of BLP, said Butterfly will represent a leap forward for residential stakeholders and the environment by giving the full picture of whole life cost and value in a carbon context. “This is a significant and radical development for a market place that has for too long been preoccupied with initial capital cost. With this new product we are responding to the need to help the supply chain address the design and construction of low carbon, energy efficient buildings”.
BLP has brought together a project team of academic and industry expert partners to develop the tool including the University of Cambridge’s Centre for Sustainable Development; University College London Energy Institute and Willmott Dixon Housing.
The £1.25m project is part-funded by the Technology Strategy Board. The tool will be fully functional towards the end of 2012.
- Following the decision in 2016 of the United Kingdom to leave the EU (“Brexit”), the UK P&I Club has established a… https://t.co/LYj9DoDHdG
- Construction contract awards were down 18.7% last month compared to August 2018. The value of all construction cont… https://t.co/nJCoHQTenZ
- Many thanks again to all our guests who attended our seminar on trading in uncertain times at the Marina Mandarin h… https://t.co/wvUNlZPq5J
- The number of Right to Buy sales have fallen to its lowest level in six years, the latest figures show.… https://t.co/jpl4V9wYIE
- LESSONS LEARNT TRAILER - Today we explore how over taking a fellow vessel can lead to a collision. The manoeuvre ca… https://t.co/IFljh6ZLdK