BLP Insurance strengthens Board
- Date: 24/09/2013
Bob Grainger appointed Chairman and architect Richard Saxon appointed as non executive director
BLP Insurance, the housing warranty insurance provider, announces the appointment of Richard Saxon CBE as Non Executive Director and Bob Grainger as Chairman (photo opposite).
Richard joins the board having been a firm supporter of BLP Insurance over recent years, helping to develop Butterfly, the operational and embodied carbon modeling tool. Richard brings with him a wealth of commercial knowledge of the construction and architecture sectors and will help to drive future product development and assist with the formulation of BLP Insurance’s marketing strategy.
In 2001, Richard was awarded a CBE for services to architecture and construction in recognition of his work for the modernisation of the industry. Richard is former chairman of one of the UK’s largest firm of architects, designers and engineers, BDP, is a RIBA Client Adviser, and has been a member of the government’s Low Carbon Construction Innovation and Growth Team and their BIM Steering Group.
In addition to Richard Saxon’s appointment, the Thomas Miller Group, which is the parent company of BLP Insurance, has made the internal appointment of Bob Grainger as Chairman. Bob has worked for the Thomas Miller Group for nearly 20 years and has been a Director of BLP Insurance since 2007. He was appointed as Thomas Miller’s Group Chief Operating Officer in 2004 and since 2010 he has focused his attention specifically on property and a number of other areas of risk management.
Bob Grainger, Chairman of BLP Insurance, says: “This is an exciting time for BLP Insurance as we continue to establish ourselves as one of the leading warranty providers in the property industry providing bespoke solutions for both residential and commercial players.
“As the construction industry starts moving again we are well placed to continue providing an innovative solution to the ever-changing needs of developers and work with them to satisfy the requirements of their lenders, shareholders and tenants. I welcome Richard Saxon to the team and look forward to working closely with him and the rest of the team to build on the success that we have already achieved.”
- ITIC's Matthew Offers will be presenting to the Middle East Branch of the ICS on Saturday 6th June, alongside Julie… https://t.co/S6oh0maIAx
- @BullardSophia Thanks for sharing!
- The European Commission (EC) has published its 2019 annual report (dated 19.05.20) on CO2 Emissions from Maritime T… https://t.co/WAgYAvAYcE
- The 2nd in our series on time bars and providing supporting documents concerns a recent court decision which is lik… https://t.co/ifhVfxJJiJ
- "TT Club is concerned that there continues to be such significant reliance on paper-based processes, whether certif… https://t.co/BH3LOXVo67