BLP Insurance joins forces with the Consumer Code for New Homes
- Date: 29/11/2017
BLP Insurance, the specialist residential and commercial insurer, has joined the Consumer Code for New Homes (CCNH). The CCNH Code is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute.
The objective of the CCNH Code is closely aligned to the BLP Code for the Sale of New Homes, which BLP Insurance launched in 2015. Both Codes establish mandatory standards for the marketing, selling and purchasing of new homes by registered developers. Warranty providers signed up to the Codes have a genuine commitment to consumers; improving standards of construction and raising customer service standards in the new homes market together with a clear complaints process to resolve any issues.
The success of the CCNH Code will be measured through key performance indicators that assess buyer satisfaction levels, complaints, dispute resolution remedies and buyer engagement levels. The effectiveness of the CCNH Code will be monitored on an on-going basis by an independent administrator appointed by the CCNH Board.
Kim Vernau, CEO of BLP Insurance said:
“A proliferation of Consumer Codes has been made available to new home buyers over the last two years. It has always been our view that an industry-wide Code to support best practice and improved consumer protection was the optimum approach. Home Buyers require clarity and transparency in the sales and post sales process. If things go wrong they also need access to an effective low cost dispute resolution process. We are pleased to be joining the CCNH Code that provides a unified approach for the consumer from five warranty providers.”
Sarah Langley, Managing Director of the Consumer Code for New Homes said:
“We are delighted to welcome BLP Insurance to Consumer Code for New Homes. BLP Insurance share our values and objectives and we look forward to working with them in our quest to raise quality standards in house building and protect home buyers.”
The Consumer Code for New Homes has been established as an industry approach to ensure that best practice is followed, and higher standards set, in respect of the marketing, selling and purchasing of new build homes and to set expected standards for after sales service.
The Code ensures that buyers of new build homes:
- are treated fairly by their developer (and their agents)
- are confident about the developer’s legal and professional status as a company
- are given clear and reliable information upon which to make decisions about purchasing a new build home
- know what standards of construction to expect from their developer
- know what service levels to expect from their developer (and their agents)
- understand what they have to do to maintain their new build home and address any problems that may arise
- know how to access speedy, low-cost dispute resolution arrangements if they are dissatisfied
- in a vulnerable position are identified and given suitable support to help assist them in making decisions.
To find out more about the Consumer Code for New Homes, please visit www.consumercodefornewhomes.com
For further information please contact:
Cara Steinson, Sonam Patel or Alastair Doyle
Telephone: 020 3697 4200
Notes to editors:
About BLP Insurance
BLP Insurance offers housing warranty insurance and commercial development latent defects insurance underwritten by Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE. Our insurance is a compelling alternative to the 'traditional' 10 year new home warranty solutions and our commercial latent defects insurance product is the most comprehensive in the market. Unlike traditional new homes warranties, BLP’s insurance covers the building – not the developer – and does not ask developers to pay up front registration fees, ongoing membership fees, bonds, guarantees or deposits. For claims, only proof of damage is required not proof of liability. BLP’s cover is approved by all of the major British mortgage lenders.
We provide peace of mind for homeowners and protect their investment from the risk of undiscovered defects, because: our insurance policies are backed by an AA rated global insurer; we will have properly assessed the build project from design through to workmanship on site, to help minimise the chance of future defects; and if a defect does arise the homeowner won't have to prove who is to blame, just that there is a defect.
We have been providing construction insurance since 1989, trading as BLP since 1999. We are owned by Thomas Miller, a world class insurance services business at the forefront of the insurance industry for over 125 years. BLP Insurance is regulated by the FCA.
Consumer Code for New Homes is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) under their Approved Codes Scheme.
The Consumer Code for New Homes is a separate consumer body, supported by a number of warranty bodies (our Code Users): BLP Insurance (Building LifePlans Ltd), Q Assure Build Ltd, Protek Warranty, Global Home Warranties and FMB Insurance (part of the Federation of Master Builders).
Sarah Langley is Managing Director of Consumer Code for New Homes and is completely independent of all member warranty bodies. Sarah is a Trading Standards Practitioner, with over 25 years experience in consumer protection.
For CCNH press enquiries please contact:
Telephone: 0333 900 1966
- TT's Julien Horn and Abdul Fahl will be speaking at the ICS ME Silver Jubilee Series Webinar this weekend with Matt… https://t.co/FIqCQWJtc9
- The latest edition of the Claims Review is now available in Simplified Chinese. You can read the translated version… https://t.co/39xQ7ESPD1
- TT Claims Executive, Manos Karanikolas will be speaking next week on "COVID-19 Consequences from an uncollected car… https://t.co/U95f7EiZW6
- @VorsterLee Stunning! Thanks for sharing.
- RT @UKPandI: ** Final Chance To Register **
- May the force majeure be with you! Due to COVID-19, ITIC is often asked what a ship manager's liability is and if c… https://t.co/Q79C6CDCeb
- The Digital Container Shipping Association (DCSA) introduces first IoT standards for smart containers >… https://t.co/0sU5QhWBEW