Understanding the Maritime Cyber Threat seminar in Athens
- Date: 28/03/2018
On Wednesday 21st March representatives from across Thomas Miller namely, UK P&I Club, UK Defence Club, TT Club, ITIC, Thomas Miller Specialty and Hellenic War Risks Club hosted a workshop in Athens on Understanding the Maritime Cyber Threat, as it potentially cuts across all covers. It was also the platform to launch the new Risk Focus: Cyber – Considering threats in the maritime supply chain.
The event was attended by over 90 personnel from the Greek Maritime Community. The evening was introduced by Michael Greenwood of Hellenic War Risks followed by a presentation from crisis managers, NYA, who outlined the current threat trends in the maritime domain. George Devereese of UK P&I Club then chaired an interactive discussion based around a scenario where developing threats brought in all areas of cover offered from across the Thomas Miller Group.
Michael then detailed the relevant coverage aspects, with support from other Thomas Miller representatives. Finally, Cedric Chatteleyn of Thomas Miller Hellas gave real examples of where UKDC had assisted members in cases of cyber fraud. The evening was rounded off by a Q&A session and networking. The workshop was well received by all and prompted a lively debate around a very current issue.
- "As far as we are concerned BLP Insurance 'ticks all the boxes' in delivering customer satisfaction". The 4th in ou… https://t.co/9zL8Zq4m0S
- Nearly a quarter of people consider a lack of quality of build to be a major disadvantage of buying a new build hom… https://t.co/LUsMNQxblY
- Grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, simply by playing BLP Bricks, our take on the classic 80's Tetris. T… https://t.co/XBpZ3fdw64
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/gKP7Fd4NSH
- Urban regeneration offers an important opportunity to help address the UK's housing crisis. BLP's Kim Vernau highli… https://t.co/iQjqAGAjce
- Did you read our latest press release? Ship agent liable for negligence leading to excessive dunnage disposal charg… https://t.co/QrVK9x7imj
- Why do Seagulls fly over the sea? ....because if they flew over the bay they'd be bagels. #NationalTellAJokeDay
- Why did the shore blush? ...because the seaweed #nationaltellajokeday