Understanding the Maritime Cyber Threat seminar in Athens
- Date: 28/03/2018
On Wednesday 21st March representatives from across Thomas Miller namely, UK P&I Club, UK Defence Club, TT Club, ITIC, Thomas Miller Specialty and Hellenic War Risks Club hosted a workshop in Athens on Understanding the Maritime Cyber Threat, as it potentially cuts across all covers. It was also the platform to launch the new Risk Focus: Cyber – Considering threats in the maritime supply chain.
The event was attended by over 90 personnel from the Greek Maritime Community. The evening was introduced by Michael Greenwood of Hellenic War Risks followed by a presentation from crisis managers, NYA, who outlined the current threat trends in the maritime domain. George Devereese of UK P&I Club then chaired an interactive discussion based around a scenario where developing threats brought in all areas of cover offered from across the Thomas Miller Group.
Michael then detailed the relevant coverage aspects, with support from other Thomas Miller representatives. Finally, Cedric Chatteleyn of Thomas Miller Hellas gave real examples of where UKDC had assisted members in cases of cyber fraud. The evening was rounded off by a Q&A session and networking. The workshop was well received by all and prompted a lively debate around a very current issue.
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG
- There's still a week left to grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, by simply playing BLP Bricks, our take… https://t.co/aZLKMu5ddo
- QLU Spring 2018: Court of Appeal confirms that package limitation under the Hague Rules does not apply to bulk carg… https://t.co/66fMS1pOPM
- Next week sees the final event in the current series of BLP thought leadership lunches where guest speaker Paul Nas… https://t.co/QKyQgTp0ZC