UK P&I Club's Half-Year Financial Highlights
- A solid performance from the Club at the half year.
- After six months, claims are slightly below average of the last eight years.
- The Pool remains favourable at the half year. The Club’s excellent record on the Pool has reduced the Club's Pool contributions steadily over recent years, and shielded the Club from the increasing costs of the very largest P&I Claims in the market.
- A strong 4%* investment return in the first six months.
- Underwriting performance has met the Club’s target on average over the last eight consecutive financial years. The favourable claims environment in the first half of the year has delivered a combined ratio of 95%*.
- Free reserves stand at $497 million with a further $100 million in hybrid capital –an increase of nearly $40 million since 20th February 2017.
- The Board expects to announce its Brexit plans by the end of the year with a view to being able to insure European risks in a new European subsidiary from the 2019 policy year
*Figures are excluding currency fluctuations.
- Administrative Penalty Imposed to Ships that Fail to Sign SPRO Agreement When Calling Chinese Ports: https://t.co/ZvNgT7zW41
- Serious housing problems hit highest rate in five years as 2.75 million more people now say house prices are a seri… https://t.co/SRkSplU8DO
- Looking forward to attending the Design Quality conference 'Achieving Well-Designed Places' this week. The event wi… https://t.co/v1N4n3N1Ae
- Can build to rent become the mainstream by 2025? Against the backdrop of the UK's housing shortage, BTR is increasi… https://t.co/rHLYqkcIMN
- Following our successful thought leadership lunch in Manchester last week, it's time to turn our thoughts to our ne… https://t.co/ADRxmZQyA6
- Update on immigration controls on seafarers in Brazil: https://t.co/LQL6jTne7t