UK P&I Club's Half-Year Financial Highlights
- A solid performance from the Club at the half year.
- After six months, claims are slightly below average of the last eight years.
- The Pool remains favourable at the half year. The Club’s excellent record on the Pool has reduced the Club's Pool contributions steadily over recent years, and shielded the Club from the increasing costs of the very largest P&I Claims in the market.
- A strong 4%* investment return in the first six months.
- Underwriting performance has met the Club’s target on average over the last eight consecutive financial years. The favourable claims environment in the first half of the year has delivered a combined ratio of 95%*.
- Free reserves stand at $497 million with a further $100 million in hybrid capital –an increase of nearly $40 million since 20th February 2017.
- The Board expects to announce its Brexit plans by the end of the year with a view to being able to insure European risks in a new European subsidiary from the 2019 policy year
*Figures are excluding currency fluctuations.
- BLP’s Alex Barnes was at The Derby Property Summit yesterday. The Summit moved to a new venue at the historic Round… https://t.co/lpyDAHHPdv
- Watch the video short from our recent event on how factory-made homes, delivered on a large scale can help solve th… https://t.co/uwmyC9eSJe
- Our latest case study highlights how BLP worked with Regal Property Group. Mark Holbeche at Regal says working with… https://t.co/aJLpmdA0WQ