UK P&I: Bodily Injury Seminar
- Date: 08/10/2014
On Tuesday 18th September the New Jersey offices hosted the annual Bodily Injury Seminar. The event is now in its 10th year and attracts increasing numbers of attendees from both US and non-US based operators.
The one day seminar focused on recent developments including an update on punitive damages, best practices in investigation of serious injury incidents, procedural differences between arbitration and trials, and responding to adverse jury verdicts. A recap of the day’s events will be published in the Autumn Edition of the BI News.
The luncheon speaker this year was Lindsay Malen, Director Business Development Marine Response Alliance/TITAN Salvage, who presented on the Costa Concordia Salvage team.
The seminar is an opportunity for the Club to share its legal expertise and knowledge with our Members in an engaging and interactive way. The Club also advises members on the latest industry issues through the biannual Bodily Injury News publication. Previous issues are available to download here.
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG