UK Defence Club Announces Strong 2015 Renewal
- Date: 27/02/2015
London, 25 February 2015 – The UK Defence Club, the leading provider of FD&D (legal costs) insurance to the maritime industry, today announces its renewal results for 2015 following its renewal closure on 20th February 2015.
- Increased tonnage – owned gains amount to 4.8 million gross tons on a net basis. Total insured owned tonnage now stands at 137 million gross tons.
- Increased international footprint - new Members have joined from a variety of countries including Greece, Germany and US.
- Continuity credits beginning to benefit Members – premiums reducing for Members
Daniel Evans, Club Manager for the UK Defence Club, says: “We are very pleased that following a 0% General Increase and the introduction of Continuity Credits our commitment to reward Members is already having a positive impact on the Club and helped achieve this strong result.”
“The levels of new business which the Managers have been shown was significantly more than in previous years which is very pleasing and demonstrates that the Club’s focus on FD&D and the benefits that our experience and expertise give to Members is gaining greater recognition.”
- End -
For further details, please contact:
Roddi Vaughan-Thomas / Shelly Durrant - Broadgate Mainland
+44 (0) 207 726 6111
Notes to editors
UK Defence Club
The UK Defence Club provides cover to shipowners and operators for legal and other costs incurred in relation to disputes that are uninsured. The largest defence club in the world with over 137 million GRT of owned entries plus a significant book of chartered business, the Club has an illustrious heritage, having been involved in many of the leading cases affecting the maritime industry over the last 127 years.
About Thomas Miller
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Building defects insurance
- Next 2 BLP thought leader events announced. Topics are the Value of Urban Regeneration and Mastering Build To Rent.… https://t.co/BZ9ZoNaK0A
- Why are smart buildings important? Find out more with the latest BLP thought leadership whitepaper.… https://t.co/HfK6bPCMQk
- ITIC are hosting a naval architecture panel debate in #London on Wednesday 15th November
- RT @UKWarRisks: Piracy in Singapore Straits - unmanned rig under tow boarded by five men in two wooden boats. No injuries or losses reported.