TT Club’s Support for FIATA Young Freight Forwarders Continues: Regional Award Winners Announced
- Date: 28/07/2015
The Young International Freight Forwarder of the Year Award, FIATA's training and development award, is now in its seventeenth year. TT Club, the leading international freight insurer, is delighted to maintain its sponsorship, having been involved since inception.
TT Club believes the annual award and the associated entry process is valuable in identifying, recognising and encouraging young talent throughout the freight forwarding community around the world. Entrants are required to submit papers that provide analysis and solutions for complex import and export movements appropriate to the country in which they are based. Entry is open to any individual under the age of 32 working for one of the estimated 40,000 freight forwarder members of the national associations.
The four regional finalists, selected this year from the entries representing national forwarding associations are:
- Region: Africa/Middle East - Mrs Daniella Smal, Zambia
- Region: Americas - Mr Kaya Karakaya, Canada
- Region: Asia/Pacific - Mr Madi Kassebekov, Kazakhstan
- Region: Europe - Mrs Jennifer Taylor, England
The entries this year were of a particularly high standard and displayed a wide range of dissertation topics. The work of the entrants admirably demonstrated the complexity of processes carried out within the global supply chain and the logistics skills required to serve it. The diverse subjects covered by the dissertations of this year's entrants included the transport of Liquid Argon, Copper Cathodes, High Fashion Garments and Air Separation Plant.
The regional finalists will travel to this year’s FIATA's World Conference in Taipei, Taiwan (8th-13th September) in order to present their dissertations to the judging panel, from which the International Award winner will be selected and presented with the award during the conference.
The award principally consists of practical and academic training, including a week based at one of TT Club's regional centres in London, Hong Kong or New Jersey plus a week in TT Club's Head Office in London. Additionally, one year's subscription to the International Transport Journal (ITZ), Switzerland is granted to all four regional winners.
TT Club's Mike Yarwood, acting as Chairman of the Award Steering Committee, commented, "This award aims to contribute to the development of quality professionals in the freight forwarding industry and rewards young talent with valuable training. At TT Club, we are proud to have been a sponsor of the award since its launch and firmly believe in the importance of nurturing the talents and enhancing the skills of young individuals in freight forwarding."
Notes to editors:
TT Club is the international transport and logistics industry's leading provider of insurance and related risk management services. As a mutual insurer, TT Club exists to provide its policyholders with benefits, which include specialist underwriting expertise, a world-wide office network providing claims management services, and first class risk management and loss prevention advice.
Customers include some of the world’s largest shipping lines, busiest ports, biggest freight forwarders and cargo handling terminals, to companies operating on a smaller scale but whose operations face similar risks. TT Club specialises in the insurance of Intermodal Operators, NVOCs, Freight Forwarders, Logistics Operators, Marine Terminals, Stevedores, Port Authorities and Ship Operators. TT Club is managed by Thomas Miller.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self-employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Building defects insurance
Tel: +44 (0)1737 248300
Distributed on behalf of the TT Club by ISIS Communications
Tel: +44 1737 248300 from outside the UK or 0845 130 1160 from within the UK
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL