TT Club Win the Insurance Day Maritime Insurance Award 2016
- Date: 05/10/2016
The Lloyds List Global Awards took place on Wednesday 28th September at the prestigious National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London. In his opening speech, Richard Meade, managing editor of Lloyd's List said "The Lloyd's List award series are about bringing our business community together. It's about celebrating our combined achievements, but it's also about recognising the transformation that is happening across our businesses".
TT Club, shortlisted along with 3 other Insurers, secured the Insurance Day Maritime Insurance Award on the back of recent collaborative work on loss prevention, in particular with the critical issue of mandatory container weighing. Peregrine Storrs-Fox, Risk Management Director of TT Club who collected the award on Wednesday night commented, "This high degree of awareness of VGM requirements and the outward signs of compliance are indeed encouraging. However it remains to be seen whether the declared VGMs are accurate, representing the result of an actual weighing process, regardless which of the two permissible methods is adopted".
Peregrine also got individual recognition from BBC presenter Fiona Bruce as the most "magnificently named winner" in the room! The awards were attended by 450 industry professionals and the Maritime Insurance award was in its inaugural year
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL
- BLP’s Jeff Maxted has been invited by the Minister of State for Housing and Planning to join the joint working grou… https://t.co/aks9WeE74Z