TT Club Win the Insurance Day Maritime Insurance Award 2016
- Date: 05/10/2016
The Lloyds List Global Awards took place on Wednesday 28th September at the prestigious National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London. In his opening speech, Richard Meade, managing editor of Lloyd's List said "The Lloyd's List award series are about bringing our business community together. It's about celebrating our combined achievements, but it's also about recognising the transformation that is happening across our businesses".
TT Club, shortlisted along with 3 other Insurers, secured the Insurance Day Maritime Insurance Award on the back of recent collaborative work on loss prevention, in particular with the critical issue of mandatory container weighing. Peregrine Storrs-Fox, Risk Management Director of TT Club who collected the award on Wednesday night commented, "This high degree of awareness of VGM requirements and the outward signs of compliance are indeed encouraging. However it remains to be seen whether the declared VGMs are accurate, representing the result of an actual weighing process, regardless which of the two permissible methods is adopted".
Peregrine also got individual recognition from BBC presenter Fiona Bruce as the most "magnificently named winner" in the room! The awards were attended by 450 industry professionals and the Maritime Insurance award was in its inaugural year
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG