TT Club Welcomes London Gateway’s First Scheduled Vessel
- Date: 15/11/2013
With the arrival of ‘MOL Caledon’, DP World’s London Gateway received its first scheduled ship call last week. Specialist freight transport and cargo handling insurer, TT Club is delighted to provide the liability cover for the UK’s newest container terminal.
The sheer enormity of the operation at London Gateway is underlined by the vital statistics it will boast when it is completed – 2,700 metres of quayside, 24 gantry cranes (each weighing over 1,800 tonnes and standing higher than the London Eye), the largest logistics park in Europe, with planning permission for individual warehouses of up to one million square feet and newly built road and rail access.
TT Club has a forty-five year history of providing liability and asset insurance for the ports and terminals of the world, both for container handling and other types of cargo. By crafting the necessary policy wordings and advising on safety and security matters, the Club has been an active participant in the staggering growth in container port throughput over nearly half a century. The Club is therefore well-placed to underwrite the risk presented by a ground-breaking new facility such as London Gateway, which is designed with an operational capacity of 3.5 million TEU.
Commenting on the inaugural vessel call Charles Fenton, TT Club’s CEO said,
“TT Club is proud to be associated with yet another milestone in the ever-expanding container handling sector. We have worked with DP World throughout its network of global terminals and are grateful to them for the opportunity to continue our partnership. London Gateway promises to be a very significant addition to the UK’s transport infrastructure located as it is, at the heart of the country’s largest consumer market.”
Note to Editors:
The TT Club is the international transport and logistics industry's leading provider of insurance and related risk management services. Established in 1968, the Club's membership comprises ship operators, ports and terminals, road, rail and airfreight operators, logistics companies and container lessors. As a mutual insurer, the Club exists to provide its policyholders with benefits, which include specialist underwriting expertise, a world-wide office network providing claims management services, and first class risk management and loss prevention advice.
For further information please contact:
Emma Chalmers, Marketing Manager, TT Club
Tel: +44 (0)20 7204 2635
An archive of all TT Club press releases and photographs is available from the ISIS Communications Press Room at www.isiscomms.com
- Club 18-30s we want to find and develop the next great thinkers and put safety first. Enter our competition and b… https://t.co/Igp9STzexF
- Following a recent significant change to the Singapore Companies Act, it is no longer necessary to register a shipo… https://t.co/Tmh0nHrwK1
- Simply enter our Investing In A Safer Tomorrow competition and share your brainwaves. Theres a $50,000 prize po… https://t.co/NK844LhD03
- Did you read our latest press release about the owner who claimed against a manager for failure to update their bal… https://t.co/h6P3xH8uq9
- Looking forward to the Offsite Construction Show at ExCel next week and great chance to see the offsite industry un… https://t.co/zVvs7kKvPP