TT Club Cricket Tournament in Dubai
- Date: 17/10/2017
While the cricket season drew sadly to a close in the UK, TT Club in Dubai kept fans and players engaged in the sport they love by hosting the TT Club Indoor Cricket Tournament at the end of September.
Sixteen teams from Member companies of the freight insurance mutual, TT Club competed at the state-of-the-art Insportz cricket arena in a hard fought and enthusiastically supported contest that was co-organised by the Club’s partner TTMS (Gulf).
Al Futtaim Logistics ran out winners of the Cup, beating Globelink Weststar in a close final with the Shield match resulting in UAE terminals operator, Gulftainer overcoming a team from the Kanoo Group.
ITIC, TT’s sister mutual that provides professional indemnity cover for the transport sector, sponsored the Shield’s best bowler and batsman trophies that went to players from Kanoo and Gulftainer respectively, while Thomas Miller Speciality ‘underwrote’ the equivalent awards for players in the competition as a whole; DP World and Globelink Weststar cricketers winning these accolades.
Julien Horn, Director of TTMS (Gulf) and the brains behind the event felt the day was enjoyed by one and all, “The stats say it all – thirty matches, 860 bottles of water plus 120 cans of soft drinks – it gets warm in Dubai even indoors, and 175 packed lunches and breakfast buns. Being cricket of course 450 cups of tea were also consumed and, happily only one visit to A&E was necessary.”
Rounding off the day, raffle prizes were presented by UK P&I Club, along with contributions from local surveyors and lawyers; meaning that this was a truly Thomas Miller ‘family’ day out.
- Club 18-30s we want to find and develop the next great thinkers and put safety first. Enter our competition and b… https://t.co/Igp9STzexF
- Following a recent significant change to the Singapore Companies Act, it is no longer necessary to register a shipo… https://t.co/Tmh0nHrwK1
- Simply enter our Investing In A Safer Tomorrow competition and share your brainwaves. Theres a $50,000 prize po… https://t.co/NK844LhD03
- Did you read our latest press release about the owner who claimed against a manager for failure to update their bal… https://t.co/h6P3xH8uq9
- Looking forward to the Offsite Construction Show at ExCel next week and great chance to see the offsite industry un… https://t.co/zVvs7kKvPP