Thomas Miller wins ‘Insurance Day, Corporate Social Responsibility Award’
- Date: 13/12/2013
On Thursday 6th December at a gala dinner in the Lancaster London Hotel, Thomas Miller was awarded the 2013 Insurance Day Corporate Social Responsibility Award, jointly with brokers Guy Carpenter.
Now in its 13th year, the awards were judged by an expert independent panel of industry executives "who were there to reward excellence across the gamut of the London insurance market."
Thomas Miller won the award for its hugely successful fund raising event ‘The Big Row’, which saw 77 crews take part in a 'virtual' row of Lake Malawi to raise funds for the renovation of the MV Chauncy Maples. Chauncy Maples is Africa’s oldest floating ship, which is being renovated into a mobile clinic to improve healthcare in the fishing villages around Lake Malawi.
Thomas Miller sponsored the Chauncy Maples project to celebrate its 125th anniversary in 2010. Since then, Thomas Miller has helped the Oxford based charity, Chauncy Maples Malawi Trust raise £1,500,000.
Mark Holford, Director of CSR at Thomas Miller who collected the award said:
"It is a tribute to all of you who raised money or persuaded others to do so and who made ‘The Big Row’ such a success. Once again thank you to all of you."
Also at the event Thomas Miller P&I, managers of the UK P&I Club, were highly commended for their "iPandi" App, which enables members and their brokers to view details of premium, claims and cover from a mobile device.
- London's housing crisis - Is 'smart construction' the answer? Kim Vernau, BLP's CEO, discusses how offsite can help… https://t.co/JCjCkU1gmO
- A highlights video is available from our thought leadership event in Marlow last month with guest speaker… https://t.co/0ShxjAoqn2
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL