Thomas Miller US charity golf day raises over $115,000
- Date: 20/10/2016
Over $115,000 was raised for charity when Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. held its annual Charity Golf Day at Forsgate Country Club in New Jersey on 3 October.
A total of 88 golfers did their best to replicate the form shown by the US Ryder Cup team the previous weekend, with the tournament won by Chaffe McCall from New Orleans, who will return to defend their trophy at next year’s event.
U.K. P& I Club members, TT Club members and brokers, together with attorneys and industry experts, participated in the day in aid of Play for Pink, which supports the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Club members OEC, Seaboard Marine, RCCL, Disney, OSG,,Bouchard Transportation, Harley Marine, Dunlap Towing ,Phoenix Bulk and York Overseas all participated, along with an enthusiastic contingent of Brokers ,Attorneys and industry experts from all over the US and from as far away as Venezuela and Panama .
The local New Jersey Devils Ice Hockey team were also represented and generously donated signed jerseys and hockey sticks for the raffle. Amongst raffle prize winners was Dan Tadros of Chaffe McCall, who won a 75" smart TV, sponsored by attorneys Lyons and Flood in New York and Gallagher Sharp in Detroit
Hugo Wynn Williams, Chairman of Thomas Miller, attended the event and gave away the prizes at the dinner afterwards.
Mike Jarrett, President of Thomas Miller (Americas) Inc. commented: "Thomas Miller is determined to make its mark in all the communities in which it has offices around the world. We are delighted to see the maritime community come together to support our initiative to raise funds for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation."
For further information, please contact:
Roland Cross / Gareth David / Carolyn Monchouguy – Four Broadgate
+44 (0) 20 3697 4200
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e