Thomas Miller Investment Completes Acquisition of the Broadstone Wealth Management Business
- Date: 02/12/2014
Thomas Miller Investment, a member of the 129 year old Thomas Miller Group of companies, has gained FCA approval for its acquisition of Broadstone Wealth Management Ltd.
The deal was completed on the 1st December and forms part of Thomas Miller Investment’s strategy to create a leading investment and wealth management business, both organically and through acquisition.
The Broadstone acquisition raises Thomas Miller Investment’s assets under management (AuM) to £2.8bn, with approximately 90 staff across 7 locations.
Thomas Miller Investment provides investment and wealth management services to institutions and private clients both on and offshore.
Mike Balfour, Chief Executive Officer, Thomas Miller Investment, says: “Broadstone is an important addition to our business and demonstrates our ambitions within the investment and wealth management sector. We are perfectly placed to provide the services that clients require in a complex and economically uncertain landscape.”
For further information please contact:
Roddi Vaughan-Thomas / Shelly Durrant
T: 020 7726 6111
Note to Editors:
Thomas Miller Investment
Thomas Miller Investment provides investment and wealth management to institutions and private clients both on and offshore.
Thomas Miller Investment was formed as a separate Investment business over 25 years ago and has total assets under management of over £2.8bn. It’s investment and wealth management teams are based in London, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Southampton and the Isle of Man
Thomas Miller Investment is the trading name of the businesses in the Thomas Miller Investment Group. Thomas Miller Investment Ltd and Thomas Miller Wealth Management Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Thomas Miller Investment (Isle of Man) Limited is licensed by the Financial Supervision Commission of the Isle of Man.
Thomas Miller is an independent and international provider of insurance, professional and investment services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Thomas Miller also manages insurance facilities for all the self-employed barristers in England & Wales, as well as trustees of pension schemes, patent agents and housing associations.
Principal activities include:
- Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
- Investment and wealth management for institutions and private clients
- Professional services
- Building defects insurance
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/vVJW3DkXfD
- BLP has signed up to the Consumer Code for New Homes which ensures best practice and the highest standards of after… https://t.co/9KFLfc9kuw
- Modern methods of construction are critical in helping to solve the UK housing shortage says BLP's Sam Ferneley at… https://t.co/LhjjFfByjR
- Whitepapers with the main content from BLP's last two thought leadership events, on the value of urban regeneration… https://t.co/fr1BDsWUEL
- BLP’s Jeff Maxted has been invited by the Minister of State for Housing and Planning to join the joint working grou… https://t.co/aks9WeE74Z