The 2016 Robin Travis Scholar has been selected
- Date: 01/09/2016
We are delighted to announce that Jan Döhle has been selected as this year’s Robin Travis Scholar.
From 5th September 2016, Jan will spend three months based in Thomas Miller’s London office. The Robin Travis scholarship is a flexible programme tailored to provide a breadth of knowledge and understanding and build on the Scholar’s current commercial experience.
Jan is due to join the Döhle Assekuranzkontor GmbH & Co. KG which will build on a myriad of both educational and professional shipping experience. This includes having previously undertaken his apprenticeship at a world leading bulk operator and successfully completing both the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers course and an MSc in Shipping Trade and Finance.
Jan is hoping to gain a whole new wealth of experience during his time on the scholarship telling us:
“The particular programme would provide me with the ideal opportunity to generate a concrete basis for furthering my career. Apart from being taught an overwhelming amount of technical maritime knowledge, I aim to build up a strong network of internationally driven maritime and insurance professionals who have a passion for the shipping industry during my time in London.”
- The UK Club is delighted to have been shortlisted for Safety at Sea Best safety Product of the Year Award for its i… https://t.co/YnQzb9BzHC
- 150th Competition - Your idea can cover all aspects of safety from innovation in seafarer wellbeing through to a… https://t.co/Sw254Rtbcx
- The Customer View. The first in a new series of case studies details a development of detached eco houses and apart… https://t.co/AcWhSpZxeV
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e