Robin Travis Scholarship 2016
- Date: 29/04/2016
Robin Travis was a Thomas Miller director who had a love of Germany and was responsible for all our German business, initially for UK P&I Club and later for the Through Transport Club. He died suddenly and prematurely in 1991.
In 1992, Thomas Miller set up a scholarship in his memory. The 19th Robin Travis scholarship will be awarded in 2016 and will provide a three-month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany, who wishes to progress their career and broaden their experience of the shipping, transport and insurance sectors. The chosen scholar will work in our head office in London and the London offices of selected lawyers, surveyors, insurance brokers and other shipping, transport and insurance businesses, gaining both practical and theoretical knowledge and experience.
A date to be agreed from September 2016 for a three-month period.
The Head Office of Thomas Miller, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST, and the London offices of selected lawyers, surveyors, insurance brokers and other shipping, transport and insurance businesses.
You will spend approximately 6 weeks with Thomas Miller. For the remainder of the three-month period, arrangements will be made for you to visit selected businesses tailored to the interests of the individual.
A bright, enthusiastic person currently employed in Germany for a business within the shipping, transport or insurance sectors.
€ 10,000 for a three-month period (the scholar will be expected to pay for their own accommodation and subsistence).
Your application should include:
- a statement as to why you consider you will benefit from the scholarship;
- a full curriculum vitae;
- two references.
Please post or e-mail your application no later than 1st June 2016 to:
Thomas Miller & Co Ltd, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST
- We want to put safety in the hands of everyone. Enter our 150th Anniversary competition - "investing in a safer tom… https://t.co/k8uBLzoQB2
- QLU Spring 2018: LOIs revisited: https://t.co/lK2CVI1UtJ
- Safety in shipping starts with thinkers, creators, disruptors, self-starters, makers, challengers, originators, har… https://t.co/1AeO4Hty6e
- QLU Spring 2018: When will the court stay an English claim on forum non conveniens grounds and set aside an anti-su… https://t.co/OGakB74Gvr
- Boosted by the imminent arrival of Crossrail, the Isle of Dogs is experiencing unprecedented change. New London Arc… https://t.co/WXVzTlo20D
- Big thinking. From people to port. From seafarer wellbeing to a tangible invention. From physical safety to navigat… https://t.co/Ei6bl6i2tG