Robin Travis Scholarship 2016
- Date: 29/04/2016
Robin Travis was a Thomas Miller director who had a love of Germany and was responsible for all our German business, initially for UK P&I Club and later for the Through Transport Club. He died suddenly and prematurely in 1991.
In 1992, Thomas Miller set up a scholarship in his memory. The 19th Robin Travis scholarship will be awarded in 2016 and will provide a three-month internship for a motivated individual working in Germany, who wishes to progress their career and broaden their experience of the shipping, transport and insurance sectors. The chosen scholar will work in our head office in London and the London offices of selected lawyers, surveyors, insurance brokers and other shipping, transport and insurance businesses, gaining both practical and theoretical knowledge and experience.
A date to be agreed from September 2016 for a three-month period.
The Head Office of Thomas Miller, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST, and the London offices of selected lawyers, surveyors, insurance brokers and other shipping, transport and insurance businesses.
You will spend approximately 6 weeks with Thomas Miller. For the remainder of the three-month period, arrangements will be made for you to visit selected businesses tailored to the interests of the individual.
A bright, enthusiastic person currently employed in Germany for a business within the shipping, transport or insurance sectors.
€ 10,000 for a three-month period (the scholar will be expected to pay for their own accommodation and subsistence).
Your application should include:
- a statement as to why you consider you will benefit from the scholarship;
- a full curriculum vitae;
- two references.
Please post or e-mail your application no later than 1st June 2016 to:
Thomas Miller & Co Ltd, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST
- "As far as we are concerned BLP Insurance 'ticks all the boxes' in delivering customer satisfaction". The 4th in ou… https://t.co/9zL8Zq4m0S
- Nearly a quarter of people consider a lack of quality of build to be a major disadvantage of buying a new build hom… https://t.co/LUsMNQxblY
- Grab your chance to win a great day out for 2, simply by playing BLP Bricks, our take on the classic 80's Tetris. T… https://t.co/XBpZ3fdw64
- Read the latest update from the Club here: https://t.co/gKP7Fd4NSH
- Urban regeneration offers an important opportunity to help address the UK's housing crisis. BLP's Kim Vernau highli… https://t.co/iQjqAGAjce
- Did you read our latest press release? Ship agent liable for negligence leading to excessive dunnage disposal charg… https://t.co/QrVK9x7imj
- Why do Seagulls fly over the sea? ....because if they flew over the bay they'd be bagels. #NationalTellAJokeDay
- Why did the shore blush? ...because the seaweed #nationaltellajokeday